[A14] Colonists choosing raw corn over simple meal to eat?

Started by Chibiabos, July 15, 2016, 08:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

For some reason, my colonists are preferring raw corn to cooked simple meals, both for eating themselves and delivering food to prisoners. :/

I have attached a .ZIP of the savefile.  I noticed my main warden delivering raw corn to prisoners, and thought I must be out of meals for some reason so went down to my freezer/kitchen to see what's up and ... wait, why are my pawns going to eat and deliver raw corn for food when I definitely have a stockpile of cooked simple meals?

This behavior was definitely NOT present in A13.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

hwfanatic

Chibiabos

Quote from: hwfanatic on July 15, 2016, 09:06:33 PM
Are the meals by any chance made from human meat?

Nope.  Yes, I have human meat, but I have not allowed it in the meals.  I use it for selling and/or animal feed and/or animal training treats.

Yus, yus, I should really put up a warning sign to be fair to raiders -- 'Trespassers will be shot and fed to the dogs.' :P

Chibiabos

It seems that raw corn does not provide a mood debuff like it did before, but still ... not sure its intended raw corn would be preferred by colonists over cooked.

At the very least, its making cooking a bit harder to level up, since simple meals aren't eaten if you have raw corn.  Maybe I should purposefully not grow corn anymore (I choose it as, at least A13 or earlier, it provided the most nutrition-bang for labor-input-buck and more nutrition-bang per unit of time overall) for this reason.

Delgar3

It's not just raw corn, colonists will choose to eat raw food all the time including raw meat and not get a mood debuff. I'm sure this must be a bug!
My Youtube Channel: Click Here!
Noob Plays Rimworld: Click Here!

Bizz Keryear

Can confirm this, colonists will prefer any raw food before eating any simple meals.
Sames goes for feeding prisoners and sick.
Have stopped production entirely and will sell what is left.

Prismaa

I noticed that my colonists eats berries and corn over simple meals (these doesn't give raw food debuff anymore), but if I forbid corn and berries they eat simple meals BUT they won't eat raw potatoes, I think some colonists can prefer eating raw meat if they are cannibalist or something.

skullywag

if you are using CCL please update, this has been fixed.

If you are using mods dont post bugs here, there is a mod bugs sub forum. Just cuz you think the bug is vanilla related the moment you have a mod active its no longer a vanilla problem.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

theaetetus

Quote from: skullywag on July 17, 2016, 11:07:37 AM
if you are using CCL please update, this has been fixed.

If you are using mods dont post bugs here, there is a mod bugs sub forum. Just cuz you think the bug is vanilla related the moment you have a mod active its no longer a vanilla problem.

Was this thread moved? It's not currently showing as being in the mods section.

Chibiabos

Idara

I'm experiencing the same issue. Also running vanilla, have no human meat at all. I also notice that whilst eating raw corn and berries no longer gives a debuff, drinking 'raw' milk does, which seems odd...

blerkz

Have this issue as well. They usually take the meals like they are supposed to, but sometimes they grab raw corn instead. No human meat used at all.

Xplicita

I'm also running completely vanilla with never using any mods and all my colonist choose raw food over everything else and zero mood impacts.  They choose raw food (corn usually) over nutrapaste and simple meals and they are eating more frequent and spending half the day in the freezer eating raw food instead of going to the table and eating meals.

Xplicita

Quote from: Idara on July 17, 2016, 03:45:40 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue. Also running vanilla, have no human meat at all. I also notice that whilst eating raw corn and berries no longer gives a debuff, drinking 'raw' milk does, which seems odd...

Only thing that makes sense to me is somehow the moodlets for certain raw foods got removed so they are going in the order of food that will give the least bad moodlets and since raw food isn't giving a bad moodlet the game considers it the "best" food possible for that pawn.  This bug has made simple meals and nutrapaste completely obsolete. =(

The problem stems from an inverted check.  The discussion in the rimworld modding slack has found the problem (macrosblackd is the one who actually noticed it) and CCL's check has been inverted for proper logic.

The logic should look like this (from CCLs code):
            validator.minPref =
                desperate
                ? FoodPreferability.DesperateOnly
                :
                    !eater.RaceProps.Humanlike
                    ? FoodPreferability.NeverForNutrition
                    :
                        eater.needs.food.CurCategory >= HungerCategory.UrgentlyHungry
                        ? FoodPreferability.RawBad
                        : FoodPreferability.MealAwful;
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.