[MOD] (Alpha 3F) E-Furniture (v.4.00)

Started by Evul, February 26, 2014, 12:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

RimLover

Hey, i love this mod :). The new lights are great. But i want them with some sort of sensor to enable them if a colonist is near. Like this i can save a lot of power :).

Cheers

ousire

I'll try this mod out once my current fort attempt has failed. Here's a few things that I think would be kinda cool to see:

-More colored carpets, for customization. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet would be nice to make a full collection for different rooms and patterns. Perhaps black and white too.

-Colored walls would be cool too. They could be the same as regular walls, but tinted various colors. They could match the walls, but with more greyed out colors

-different lights. The regular standing bulb doesn't feel appropriate for indoor settlements. The wall lights are a nice touch, but perhaps some hanging florescent lights or something that villagers could walk through? or 1x2 lamps? Or perhaps outdoor lights, that have a lower chance of getting electrocuted if they get rained on. Lawn lights, or lamp posts.

-More decorative objects to cheer up your colonists. Paintings or sculptures or stuff would be nice to see, on the sides of walls or something to fill space in your colonists's rooms.

-New kinds of flowers? It'd be nice to see a handful more flowers to be grown in your gardens, if that's possible to add

Evul

Quote from: RimLover on March 06, 2014, 07:44:45 PM
Hey, i love this mod :). The new lights are great. But i want them with some sort of sensor to enable them if a colonist is near. Like this i can save a lot of power :).

Cheers

Don't think I can do that at  alpha 2 but it should be cool to have a room sensor turning light on and of if some one is in the room. And outdoor light return of when light

Quote from: ousire on March 07, 2014, 12:41:24 AM
I'll try this mod out once my current fort attempt has failed. Here's a few things that I think would be kinda cool to see:

-More colored carpets, for customization. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet would be nice to make a full collection for different rooms and patterns. Perhaps black and white too.

-Colored walls would be cool too. They could be the same as regular walls, but tinted various colors. They could match the walls, but with more greyed out colors

-different lights. The regular standing bulb doesn't feel appropriate for indoor settlements. The wall lights are a nice touch, but perhaps some hanging florescent lights or something that villagers could walk through? or 1x2 lamps? Or perhaps outdoor lights, that have a lower chance of getting electrocuted if they get rained on. Lawn lights, or lamp posts.

-More decorative objects to cheer up your colonists. Paintings or sculptures or stuff would be nice to see, on the sides of walls or something to fill space in your colonists's rooms.

-New kinds of flowers? It'd be nice to see a handful more flowers to be grown in your gardens, if that's possible to add

I'll look in to some of the stuff. :) more decorations is one of the thing I'm looking at.

Vas

I'm not sure why, but when I use the solo table with 2 chairs placed opposite of each other, and my people are eating raw berries, one of them is "eating from a stack of 0" infinitely till I military mode them because it seems they stack the food together into one pile it looks like.

Also, your mini com console doesn't work, the half sized coms, it doesn't allow traders unless you have the full sized one somewhere.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Evul

Quote from: Vas on March 09, 2014, 05:59:17 PM
I'm not sure why, but when I use the solo table with 2 chairs placed opposite of each other, and my people are eating raw berries, one of them is "eating from a stack of 0" infinitely till I military mode them because it seems they stack the food together into one pile it looks like.
That is strange, i will look in to that and see if i can find whats causing it.

Quote from: Vas on March 09, 2014, 05:59:17 PMAlso, your mini com console doesn't work, the half sized coms, it doesn't allow traders unless you have the full sized one somewhere.

It should work i always and only use advanced console.
Whats happening when you try to use it?

Vas

Quote from: Evul on March 09, 2014, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: Vas on March 09, 2014, 05:59:17 PM
That is strange, i will look in to that and see if i can find whats causing it.

Quote from: Vas on March 09, 2014, 05:59:17 PMAlso, your mini com console doesn't work, the half sized coms, it doesn't allow traders unless you have the full sized one somewhere.

It should work i always and only use advanced console.
Whats happening when you try to use it?

Well, when I had it down, I used spawn trader thing from the dev menu.  I did this multiple times.  Nothing happened, so I placed down a normal com console, and spawned one.  I got the notification just fine that time and instead of using the normal one, I sent my guy to the advanced half sized one from your mod and there were 3 traders waiting there for me.  So maybe you don't get a notification till you have the big fat console?
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Cj_mav

I've had similar occurrences as Vas^

When I have only an Advanced Comms placed, I get the "No Trading Capacity" message, top-right of the screen. If I place a Normal Comms, it dissappears.

Maybe it has to do with Object-linked notifications. Turrets do the same thing with "Defenses".

BattleFate

What does the Radar Table do? There's some function on it which is enable-able.

Evul

The table have no function. It only emit light, and drain power that's the only thing it do. (at the moment)

ShootyFace

The advance comms console definitely works, but the prompt remains until you build a normal one.

Great mod, btw, hope to see more decor as time goes on. Even though the radar table doesn't do anything really, it's a nice addition and fits the theme perfectly.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Evul

Quote from: ShootyFace on March 10, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
The advance comms console definitely works, but the prompt remains until you build a normal one.

Great mod, btw, hope to see more decor as time goes on. Even though the radar table doesn't do anything really, it's a nice addition and fits the theme perfectly.

Thx!
I gonna fix the ACc to next release. (If possible.)
More different things will be in game later on, and hopefully i will be able to make more stuff that give bonuses and other kind of good stuff, later on when the game progresses. :)

Kirid

I've been thinking of all kind of furniture,
A 2 person seat or bench if possible,
A 1x2 desk with a 1x2 chair for one person(they would sit between 2 squares so no idea how)
A decoration like the pooltable, but made like a workshop or something so colonists interact when loyalty is low and get a happiness buff.
On the decorative stuff.. I dont know how well a flat painting or poster would work considering the game is mostly topdown.

Some stuff I've been working on. Tablelamp is your tinytable I drew a lamp on and made glow.
Pooltable was from google images, I edited a bit, mostly a test making a basic "pretty" building, for statue or something.
The hanging lamps are a retextured floorlamp, I can't seem to make them placeable over the pool table,
  and they still have the cord, which looks ugly when placed away from wall.
I made the fireplace texture myself, it just glows and looks pretty, still figuring out how to make good custom art.

Sorry to post all this here, I dont want to upload all these random things, but I thought you might be interested. Thanks for a good mod, I like what you've done so far.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Evul

Nice stuff! Yes i might be able to use them, You can PM me the things and i can see what i can update and do with them :)

Kirid

I'm not able to attach anything to a PM. I took too long answering, was lost in photoshop.

Edited: Here they are
Again: Took them off since you got it
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd