[A14] Receiving "Pawn* started 10 jobs in 10 ticks" error continuously.

Started by ArguedPiano, July 16, 2016, 12:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

Just playing through the game and this error started popping up continuously. I do not recall performing any actions in particular, I think I was just looking around the map at the time.
Maybe someone else has a better idea what's going on.

Attached is my save file and Output log. Let me know if there is any other information I can provided.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

ArguedPiano

I think I found out what was going on.

Umeko was trying to feed a prisoner using the Paste Dispenser. The Dispenser had empty hoppers. There was no available food on the map. Once I ordered Umeko to harvest some berries she stopped trying to use the Paste Dispencer.

The errors stopped once Umeko was no longer interacting with the Dispencer.

The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Goo Poni

I am getting this error quite frequently in A13 with a heavily modded game (HardcoreSK pack). Hauling bots regularly get stuck trying to haul something, cancel their job then try again a second later, which causes constant stuttering until they need to rest and recharge their batteries or someone use makes use of the items they're trying to haul. So far, my only fix has been to try and catch them immediately after they abandon their hauling job and tell them once again to go haul.

milon

@Goo Poni, if you're saying that's a mod-related bug please inform the mod author.  If you're saying it's caused by an underlying vanilla bug, please elaborate.

@ArguedPiano, thanks for the report & the log file!  Definitely sounds like a vanilla bug to me.

According to the log file, no mods are present.  Umeko attempts to use the NPD, resulting in this log entry:
Umeko started 10 jobs in one tick. thinkResult=(job=DeliverFood A=Thing_NutrientPasteDispenser79218 B=Thing_Human86885 C=(187, 0, 197) sourceNode=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work

Which is then followed by several instances of:
Umeko started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait

It seems that the NPD is the source of a bug, and there might even be a second bug present.  I don't know much about the Wait JobDriver, but it's also throwing 10-jobs-in-10-ticks.  I would expect that the Wait job would trigger the Wandering action, rather than continuously refire.  Note that its lastJobGiver is empty, which strongly suggests it's not triggering Wander and is likely the cause of the Wait JobDriver loop.

ItchyFlea

Unable to reproduce. This appears to have been fixed in 0.14.1249
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

milon

Good catch - the output log from OP is from 0.14.1234

@ArguedPiano, please update to latest build and see if the problem persists.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog