The Beginning of Our People

Started by Agertor, July 16, 2016, 10:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agertor

Awakening protocols entered...
Sentient organic life massing detected...
Launching scout vessel...

A bright white screen filled a sudden void in this narrow tube. Its engines began to purr, "Calculating Trajectory". A monotone voice came from the screen talking to the empty metal walls and doors of the interior. "Target confirmed", and the engines began to tear at the ground as soil, sand and rocks were thrown from the thrust of thr engines.  The tube lifted quickly enough after the warm up and it made it to the planet's stratosphere before the engines cut to allow the ship to use smaller thrusters to right its direction before the main thruster engaged once more. Wothout slowing down, the ship came hurdling back toward the ground, the air's friction caught flame on the outside of the shell. With a hard crash the tube left quite a crater and yet remained mostly undamaged. Flames caught gently on the surrounding grassland dancing in the wind.

"Observing", a small latch the size of coffee mug opened up to allow insect sized droids to release. The tribes men had built a wooden wall surrounding their huts and livestock which the small mechanical insects easily flew over. The insects made their way into the homes of the unknowing, quietly observing the organics as they speak at eachother pointing to the where the tube landed. As they spoke and argued the tube was coated in bacterias not native to the land. Essentially turning the land and air around it toxic. It would only spread further.

Time passed for some days, animals died in the area and the toxicity spread over the walls and the people and their livestock began to get sick. It would of had to been the thing that landed, so they set forth a small party. Stabbing at it with spears and bashing it with clubs did not even leave a scratch but a sudden voice came from this object. "Safety measures engaged" and the tube opened up, doors and pods reveal machines to these people, a large mass of rings would spin and undulate to move along with two more machines. Their arms bladed and their bodies tall. Mechanical heads looked to the people and they moved fast. Throwing a pila, it only scratched these hell monsters. The people were sliced and gunned down by the gatling gun of the larger worm-like droid as they ran away.

None escaped and now the machine's protocols came to self preservation. They made their way to the walls, tearing them down with sheer power. A slaughter ensued.

The village lay aflame and destroyed, bodies littered the ground and five survivors managed to escape this hell. Whatever supplies and weapons they could manage to grab, they did. They had to run away as fast as they can and start a new life in hopes of never reliving that nightmare again.

The machines had gone back to their tube for now, settling back in once all organic life in the local area was no longer functioning. The mechanicals all returned to the tube, the doors and latches close and systems turn off.

Four years later the screen would light up, the bright white light tearing through the darkness inside.

Awakening protocols entered...
Sentient organic life massing detected...
Launching scout vessel...

I hope you guys enjoy this one. I read the scenario story of the tribals and thought I would try and imagine the background. I won't say this is my best work but I have not had my coffee yet.