Boomrats/Boomalopes

Started by Rust, July 16, 2016, 09:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rust

So with the Wiki down, I'm curious...

Is there any benefit to hunting/taming Boomrats and Boomalopes, or is it best to give the volatile gasbags a wide berth?

RawCode

you get meat and leather...

TheDirge

They can be quite effective against tribals

Listy

Quote from: Rust on July 16, 2016, 09:33:19 PM
So with the Wiki down, I'm curious...

Is there any benefit to hunting/taming Boomrats and Boomalopes, or is it best to give the volatile gasbags a wide berth?

As far as I can tell: Absolutely none.

So that's why I've decided to start a Boomalope farm in my new Rimworld play though...

I could see a point if you needed Boomalope juice to make artillery shells.

Mutineer

I found an interesting use of them.

Realize them against sieges. Siegers will kill them, they will explode and create areas of fire in what singers consider home zone. That let you to shot ot them with practical immunity why they putting out fires, or can lead to shell explosion which probably will finish siege anyway.

Rust

Quote from: Mutineer on July 17, 2016, 07:48:53 AM
I found an interesting use of them.

Realize them against sieges. Siegers will kill them, they will explode and create areas of fire in what singers consider home zone. That let you to shot ot them with practical immunity why they putting out fires, or can lead to shell explosion which probably will finish siege anyway.

Well well well...now that's a use I can get behind. My colony's stabilized a bit, I may begin Boom domestication then.

Shad

It's just not the same anymore. The cute red furry balls of death are gone. Now the boomrats look like mini boomalopes.

I miss the old ones :(

Shurp

Me too.  The little red furballs of death were so cute.  You just wanted to hug them and squeeze them and *pop* AAAAA I'M ON FIRE AAAAAAA!!!!!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

captainradish

I really wish my dogs would find ANYTHING else to gnaw on.

We have dead raiders out the ass here and you home in on the ONLY animal that EXPLODES??