[MOD] (Alpha 9) Target Practise (v.2.01)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghandhi_rules

In response to the guy asking about adding this as a very low priority task, what would be the feasibility of adding in the ability to mark it as a hunting target?

nmid

Is it possible to have an increased exp gain rate from practicing at the shooting range?

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Girlinhat

Quote from: ghandhi_rules on June 17, 2014, 05:10:20 PM
In response to the guy asking about adding this as a very low priority task, what would be the feasibility of adding in the ability to mark it as a hunting target?
This is what I'd like to see.  I know that you can spawn creatures (see: mechatronics mod to produce mechanoid colonists) so maybe you could place an item that spawns a creature with like 1,000 health and is stationary.  They colonist would shoot it to death, gaining skill, and would also 'kill' it and would either have to build a new one, or the structure could spawn another one.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: nmid on June 17, 2014, 05:24:05 PM
Is it possible to have an increased exp gain rate from practicing at the shooting range?
I don't know.

Quote from: Girlinhat on June 17, 2014, 07:46:19 PM
Quote from: ghandhi_rules on June 17, 2014, 05:10:20 PM
This is what I'd like to see.  I know that you can spawn creatures (see: mechatronics mod to produce mechanoid colonists) so maybe you could place an item that spawns a creature with like 1,000 health and is stationary.  They colonist would shoot it to death, gaining skill, and would also 'kill' it and would either have to build a new one, or the structure could spawn another one.
I'll see what I can do. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Girlinhat

Quote from: Encode on June 18, 2014, 01:08:41 AMBut the skill degrade was really bad with higher levels so still need quite some time to get to lvl20 then. Not sure if it still locks at lvl20 or continue to degrade with Alpha4F now...

Cheers!
You get up to like 99% of skill level 21, but it never rolls over to 21.  So your colonist won't degrade from 20 to 19 while they sleep, and I have several growers that stick at 20.  Having the 1.5x skill rate interest level helps tons in staving off skill decay through practice.  I wish there were some method to slowly raise the decay cap... like at skill 5, it doesn't decay at all, and if there were a method to raise that to 15 without decay, that'd be really fun.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Geoblazer5

Hi I have Alpha 4f and I downloaded the alpha 4 version but I can't find the target practice thing anywhere including the security tab. help?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 10, 2014, 09:37:38 PM
Hi I have Alpha 4f and I downloaded the alpha 4 version but I can't find the target practice thing anywhere including the security tab. help?
Why don't you upgrade to Alpha 5?

Geoblazer5

i will but i'm working on a save file that is still progressing well so as soon as it dies out i'll download alpha 5

murlocdummy

I believe that creating a huntable practice dummy would be the best, but that sounds like something for one of the mechanoid mods.

ItchyFlea

Works as is in Alpha 6 without any update required.

Somz

Quote from: murlocdummy on July 11, 2014, 01:56:16 PM
I believe that creating a huntable practice dummy would be the best, but that sounds like something for one of the mechanoid mods.

Yep, huntable target practice would be cool, then we wouldn't have to worry about drafting colonists/looking out for them, they'd just proceed according to their needs.

DO YOU HEAR US, OH MIGHTY MODDERS! Make it happen! ;D
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

GoriMeri

A .zip download would be nice for all Mac users out there.

Zeta Omega

GREAT! Now my colonists can become proper gunners/snipers.......Now if only I could train them in medicine

longbyte1

Can we build our house out of targets? The pirates need the training too, you know?