[MOD] (Alpha 9) Target Practise (v.2.01)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Yep, they sure do. Then you can take from the knockout mod, and then you have really good sniper prisoners!.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

RemingtonRyder

One of the neat side effects of this is that even if your colonists miss the target, they can hit a block behind the target.

Apparently, repairing damage to blocks increases the Construction skill.  Just make sure your repairers don't walk in front of the shooters.  For an example of how to do that, you can use the embrasures in the mod of the same name and have a completely enclosed target area so that nobody gets accidentally shot in the back with a pistol, but the damage soaking walls at the back can still be repaired from the outside.

Spare74

Nice mod, would it be possible to make the target "huntable" so that you don't have to force them to attack it, you could just mark it to hunt and make the guy you wanna train a hunter.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Romi

at least this mod gives the colonists something to do and you can improve your shooting skills so i want it!Thanks again

Sobriquet

I like this mod a lot, but the training process is interminable. Is there a way to speed it up a notch?

eatKenny

can u make a target that can both be shooted and melee attacked? so we can improve melee still too ::)

just a hint: maybe a hardcore scarecrow like thing, takes one dead human body and some wood to build ::)

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Sobriquet on October 03, 2014, 02:11:59 AM
I like this mod a lot, but the training process is interminable. Is there a way to speed it up a notch?
Not without .dll modding, something I am terrible at.

Quote from: eatKenny on October 03, 2014, 02:07:44 PM
can u make a target that can both be shooted and melee attacked? so we can improve melee still too ::)
I figured attacking the target with melee would train the skill, but it doesn't... I'll see what I can do.
EDIT: This would most likely require .dll modding as well, as pawns do not normally gain XP for melee attacking an inanimate object.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

eatKenny

i see, can u eventually make a melee weapon which deals no damage(like a simple wood staff or something), so i can draft 2 colonist beating eachother all day long to improve melee skill ::)

UncleFubar

Can't open archive with 7-zip or WinRAR... corrupted. Tried versions A5 and A4, same problem. I have an older archive of A5 from months ago and it opens fine. Is the forum doing something bad to small attachments?

Edit: A7 Modular Tables opens ok. Dunno what's up with this one.

skullywag

probably the website move, needs reuploading.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

CitizenThirteen

Quote from: UncleFubar on October 08, 2014, 10:47:07 AM
Can't open archive with 7-zip or WinRAR... corrupted. Tried versions A5 and A4, same problem. I have an older archive of A5 from months ago and it opens fine. Is the forum doing something bad to small attachments?

Edit: A7 Modular Tables opens ok. Dunno what's up with this one.

Same issue here.  Will check back soon and look for updates!

ItchyFlea

I guess I missed one. Oops. I've reuploaded it and updated the download link to point to the reuploaded file. :)

Setanta

I can build the target board, but my colonists won't shoot at it. I get a circular move-to icon, but no actual interaction.

Edit: Ok, I'm teh dumbs and haven't used force fire before

Tsilliev

Really nice idea I am using the mod,and yesterday I just got this crazy idea, cant I build indestructible wall of targets? Finally I wont need to go and repair my slow tower defense walls.  ;D