[MOD] (Alpha 9) Target Practise (v.2.01)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 17, 2014, 06:13:09 AM
Really nice idea I am using the mod,and yesterday I just got this crazy idea, cant I build indestructible wall of targets? Finally I wont need to go and repair my slow tower defense walls.  ;D
Nothing to stop you, except that the raiders will simply climb over the targets and continue into your base.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tsilliev

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 17, 2014, 07:45:22 AM
Quote from: Tsilliev on October 17, 2014, 06:13:09 AM
Really nice idea I am using the mod,and yesterday I just got this crazy idea, cant I build indestructible wall of targets? Finally I wont need to go and repair my slow tower defense walls.  ;D
Nothing to stop you, except that the raiders will simply climb over the targets and continue into your base.
I thought they had collision, oh well i wont be able to cheat with them.... :D

the_hawkk

I have a pretty dumb question, as i'm new to this site. Is there a .zip file for this mod available? I'm a mac user and would love to have this available to me, but unfortunately my computer cant do anything with the file -_-

Again I apologize if this is a stupid question.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: the_hawkk on October 21, 2014, 11:38:22 PM
I have a pretty dumb question, as i'm new to this site. Is there a .zip file for this mod available? I'm a mac user and would love to have this available to me, but unfortunately my computer cant do anything with the file -_-

Just rename it to .zip and you should be fine.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

the_hawkk

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 21, 2014, 11:50:03 PM

Just rename it to .zip and you should be fine.

That didnt work, it turned it into a continuous stream of .zip and .cpgz files -_-

harpo99999

there is a link in the 7zip.org website for a couple of mac versions at http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

StealthHunterX

Hey Ive had this mod for a while and its a pain in the arse to draft and undraft colonists over and over. They get tired hungry and go insane. One suggestion i have for this mod is:Have it so Colonists will automatically go to target practise if they are a hunter with nothing else to do.
This will really help and people dont have to worry about watching their handfull of colonists.

skullywag

So make the target a workgiver with a bill for hunting on it...seems doable...only one issue. Hunters dont stop until they kill their target.

One way around it woukd be to have a "popup" target that just destroys the current object and respawns another...that would be quite neat infact..Itchy if you need a hand with this let me know. It might not be possible , theres a few things i dont know off the top of my head and im not near a pc to check. Would be an awesome upgrade.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

ItchyFlea

Updated for Alpha 8.

I know it's a pain to draft the colonists to use this thing, but most of the things I can think of to improve this mod either require a .dll or simply don't work in a way that makes realistic sense. What I want to do is have these settable as a hunting target. So far I haven't had much success in that regard.
In the future this will be solved and this will be settable as a hunting target.

groznij

"404 attachment not found" when trying to download A8 :c

ItchyFlea

Quote from: groznij on December 12, 2014, 08:13:30 PM
"404 attachment not found" when trying to download A8 :c
Something's broken here on the forums. Will have to wait for Tynan to fix it.

EDIT: Have put up the file elsewhere for download. The OP has the new link.

jacob814

I rely like this and am willing to re-texture the target if that is ok with you and if you make a melee dummie, I will texture that as well.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

ItchyFlea

This is a huge update that adds some much requested features.

First of all there's the training dummy. Like the shooting range, you set a bill on it for use. The training dummy is for training up the melee skill of your colonists.

And the biggest feature: A Shooting Range. No more having to manually tell colonists to fire at a static target. Instead you build the shooting range and set a bill on it (like a worktable) and watch your hunters use it to improve their shooting skill.
The rate at which they improve their skill is the same as if you had them shooting pirates.

The shooting range is modular, meaning you can build it to suit any size colony. It comes in 3 parts. A left side, a right side and middle pieces.
The middle pieces are where you set the training bill. The side pieces aren't actually required, but they do make the range look complete when included. Each middle piece is capable of training 1 colonist.
The range does not replace the floor, meaning you can also choose what the floor of the range looks like. You'll need to build the floor before you build the range.

I also want to give a big shout-out to Shinzy for all the new textures, and for working with my vague descriptions to make the textures look awesome.

Epyk

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 09, 2015, 05:41:56 PM
This is a huge update that adds some much requested features.

Wow-o-wow. These updates are nice!

Very nice additions Itchyflea!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 09, 2015, 05:41:56 PMI also want to give a big shout-out to Shinzy for all the new textures, and for working with my vague descriptions to make the textures look awesome.

I can confirm last sentence! It was like purchasing something from ikea and then furiously trying to put it together

Ee khee hee!