Where do Steam Workshop Mods Download too?

Started by viperwasp, July 17, 2016, 09:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

Could anyone help me find the path of Steam Workshop Mod File Location, Windows 7?

Basically I am trying to port a mod from the Steam Workshop to Non-Steam A14. So I need to know where they install. Thanks

Steam --> Steamapps ----> Workshop ---> Content  (Seems to be the answer, however the folders need to be manually renamed.)
But I think it will work after manually renaming.

For those of you who are modders please if possible upload both on and off of Steam. However re-naming the files is not the end of the world it took 2 mins. Two mins for 8 mods so it's all good.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

BlackSmokeDMax

Mine are located here:

D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content

Note, they aren't stored the same as they are on the non-steam mods. The folder names are numbers. For instance this is what my modsconfig.xml looks like with a mix of workshop and manual mods:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1234</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>672711525</li>
    <li>725465444</li>
    <li>725219116</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Incidentally, looking here is how I found their location. I saw the name of the mod was a number and then just searched the steam directory using one of the numbers above as the search term. Brought me right to them all.

viperwasp

Yes and in order to re-name them I went into the "About" text file and found the line that has the title and just renamed it via copy and paste. Thanks for replying so fast but I figured it out! :)
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Snownova

How do I do this in reverse? I want to include a mod downloaded from the forum in my steam Rimworld game. I've found the workshop/content folder, but when I copy the mod into the folder it doesn't show up in my game.

EDIT: Figured it out, not the workshop folder but the common/Rimworld/Mods folder.

mathwizi2005

Right click Rimworld > "Properties" > "Local Files" tab > "Browse Local Files"  (forum based mods go in the Mods folder) > click "steamapps" or reverse only 2 folders up > "Workshop" > "content" > "294100"
All mods are listed by their mod IDs which you can match in the address bar on steam when viewing the mod page on the workshop

viperwasp

Quote from: Snownova on July 17, 2016, 12:32:44 PM
How do I do this in reverse? I want to include a mod downloaded from the forum in my steam Rimworld game. I've found the workshop/content folder, but when I copy the mod into the folder it doesn't show up in my game.

EDIT: Figured it out, not the workshop folder but the common/Rimworld/Mods folder.

Hahaha... Thank you Snownova I did the same exact thing. Now I feel less stupid. I placed the mod in the Steam folder. Booted up the game. Looked at the list... thought to myself well I guess the Steam users are ****ed they can't use regular mods not from Steam Workshop sucks for them... Back to Sendowl for me! Which I plan to use Sendowl anyhow for the most part because I can make each folder of the game standalone and have multiple games going at the same time with independent mod and save folders.

Then like 15 seconds after I closed the game it hit me how dumb I was!  I was over thinking it and it's simple just put it in the normal Rimworld Mod folder. lol
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS