[MOD] (Alpha 2) Camp fire 2.0

Started by bolti1703, March 11, 2014, 09:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolti1703

Camp fire

Description:
This mod adds a camp fire to the game. Your colonist can now use the power of fire to grill a tasty muffalo steak. To build the camp fire you need metal and muffalo meat. After that light the fire, wait and finally enjoy the taste of a muffalo steak grilled on an open fire.
Update: a new texture which looks a bit more like a camp fire  ;D
Update: Smoke stove added.You can now use the smoke stove to make more durable meals.
Mod Team:

Download:

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:

The fire has a build in lighter but you can also fire it up in other way .

There are two versions of the mod. One for vanilla game and one when you use the wood economy.The wood version needs logs instead metal to be build. I added a smoke stove. The wood version needs wood mulch. Install the preferred one.

Changelog:
(Version 1.0)
(Version 1.1 change the nutrion gain to 35 out of 5 muffalo meat)
(Version 1.1b new camp fire texture)
(Version 2.0 new smoke stove added)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

harpuea

Nice. Finally a way to cook without electricity.

bolti1703

Quote from: harpuea on March 12, 2014, 05:52:21 PM
Nice. Finally a way to cook without electricity.

that was the intention but i made a mistake with the nutrion gain. I change it now to 35 out of 5 muffalo meats ( 80 out of 10 when you cook a normal meal) and set the spoil rate to 2 days. Since the steak takes some time it should be not the main diet source but useful in times of misery

Nasikabatrachus

Clever implementation of this idea. I laughed when the campfire exploded.

Suggestion: make poverty grass drop a grass resource when cut, and make that resource a requirement for the campfire in games without the wood economy. Is that possible? I've thought about it, but haven't checked.

bolti1703

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on March 12, 2014, 07:33:55 PM
Clever implementation of this idea. I laughed when the campfire exploded.

Suggestion: make poverty grass drop a grass resource when cut, and make that resource a requirement for the campfire in games without the wood economy. Is that possible? I've thought about it, but haven't checked.

yeah, thats the mighty power of fire  ;D... you re right,building a camp fire with metal isnt really satisfying, thats the reason for the wood edition. i dont really want to make a whole new resource just for one little thing like a camp fire. but your idea is really nice, i think  i try something along this lines... thx for inspiration  8)

shadowtajun

Dude Campfires! I was thinking about this, this morning! Amazeballs!
Blog: www.liteart.tumblr.com
Portfolio: www.shadowtajun.com
Twitter: @tajunshadow