Questions about Pemmican

Started by Kraehe, July 17, 2016, 02:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraehe

Hi,

i made a Tribe colony but i can't make Pemmican. The game always say that i have not all i needed. I have potatoes, Berries and 3 kinds of meat... What i am missing?

Gibson8088

It takes 5 veggies/fruits and 5 meat to make Pemmican.  How many of each do you have?

Kraehe

5 Different sorts each, or for example 5x Potatoes and 5x muffalo meat?

I have 43x potatoes and 23x pieces of meat.

muffins

The bills for making stuff have a range slider. Make sure that your ingredients are not outside of the bills range. It could also be that the ingredients are outside whatever area you have assigned your colonists to.

Kraehe

Ok i'm just dumb... i forgott that i had a prisoner in my now storage room and that it still hat the prisoner room flag. -_-

Gibson8088

Quote from: Kraehe on July 17, 2016, 04:09:27 PM
Ok i'm just dumb... i forgott that i had a prisoner in my now storage room and that it still hat the prisoner room flag. -_-

Ah, yes, that would do it.  Don't feel too bad; I had a very similar experience and it took me quite a while to figure out it was the prisoner room flag causing the issue.

MeowRailroad

What production bench is used to make Pemmican, and can it be made in a non-tribe colony? It's pretty useful for everyone to have around since it almost never spoils.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

captainradish

I'd like to see two different versions, myself; one that doesn't require veggies (as real life pemmican doesn't really require anything other than dried meat and fat), and one that is considered a higher quality version that does.

Cimm0

Another question:

The nutrition value of pemmican is 0.05 - does this, for practical purposes, mean that they have to eat more of it to satisfy their needs? Or does it only affect the type of meal colonists will prefer? After all, similar amount of resources is needed for both.

For comparison, meals have a nutrition value somewhere above 0.8, IIRC.

Mutineer

Yes your colonist will eat 16 pemican each meal - 16*0.05 =0.8 please note that 10 food make 1 meal, why 10 food make (13? I forgot pemicans) so it is less efficient but not by mach.

Crowbar Felt

They eat more of a stack of Pemmican than other foods. Although, it doesn't translate well since one meal is eaten compared to multiple Pemmican. I looked around briefly earlier about this and it seems disputed.

[Edit : Ninja'd by Multineer]
Someone's organ harvested.  x5