[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Wood Economy (v.0.94.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 16, 2014, 05:45:26 PM
Updated to 0.94.1. The mod now works with Alpha 3F.  :)
Also updated the BetterPower+ Compatibility patch.
Thank you fine sir, you are much faster than my espresso maker..I need to update to the ItchyFlea model.

ItchyFlea

While I'd love to take the credit, it's Haplo who deserves it. He does the C# code, which is what needed updating for this mod to work with Alpha 3F.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ble210

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 16, 2014, 05:45:26 PM
Updated to 0.94.1. The mod now works with Alpha 3F.  :)
Also updated the BetterPower+ Compatibility patch.

Woohoo!

daft73

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 16, 2014, 06:29:17 PM
While I'd love to take the credit, it's Haplo who deserves it. He does the C# code, which is what needed updating for this mod to work with Alpha 3F.
;D..Well then I'd like to change my order to the Haplo model ::)

AntiMatter

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 16, 2014, 06:29:17 PM

i like to see this. it shows good modmanship and good spunk (DIRTY WORD!!!! EWWWW!!!!)

and i also love this mod (even though i don't use it, it's a great mod)
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

keensta

You've seem to have set the wrong encoding for one of your files. That my save file editor caught when trying to load the data check the image below to see what one.

http://prntscr.com/3cf0ly
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Kirid

I'm having some major overgrowth problems. I got an almost entirely sand map. Poverty grass is entirely extinct, and pincushion cacti have taken over the whole map. I'm not 100% certain, but I think this has to do with the grassless sand mod. Without the grass, there is nothing to keep the cacti in check.

Screenshot of the bottom left corner of my current colony. It was taken in the middle of a controlled burn using god-mode lighting strikes, using godmode to keep it from raining also. This is the second time I have had to clear my map of pincushions this way. This time I am burning every last one.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

ItchyFlea

The encoding thing was done on purpose, because I was curious if that actually affected anything in-game. I've changed it back to 8 for the next version.

I'll look into the pincushion cactus overgrowth, as that mostly defeats the purpose of the grassless sand mod.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

brunoenrico

Could somebody explain to me how to plant a new tree at this mod?

ItchyFlea

You need to buy saplings from either a farming vessel or a wood economy vessel to plant a 'Tree Sapling', which is in the Furniture tab.
The saplings have a base cost of 15 silver each, but depending on the vessel, and the social skill of whoever is using the comms console, they could cost up to around 30 silver each.
They grow much faster than normal trees, taking around 5 days to fully mature, whereas natural trees take about 15 days. :) There are a few differences between planted trees and natural trees, the most significant being a fully grown natural tree gives you 25 logs, and one you've planted yourself only gives 15 when fully grown.

Vas

I'd like to be able to start my own forest with them, and not auto dig these trees up.  is that possible?  Just have these home grown trees not harvest themselves, and not grow new ones beside them?  So your trees can live for very long periods of time unless you harvest them, and they won't spread.  it would be like you fence in an area and plant a perfect grid of trees like a bio-habitat or something and only harvest them when you need wood, or they naturally die much later than they do now, maybe 45 game days is their max and then you get no wood back.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ItchyFlea

The ones you plant yourself are like that. They aren't capable of spreading anywhere, and their lifetime is the same as a natural tree.
Not sure what you mean by harvest themselves though, as they aren't able to do that now. They do die off though after being fully grown for about 20 days.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Vas on April 23, 2014, 10:15:59 PM
Odd, never noticed how long they lasted, i just go back and see dead trees and stacks of 15 wood.

Also, Please change any floor tiles to use
      <DesignationCategory>Floors</DesignationCategory>
Instead of
      <DesignationCategory>Structure</DesignationCategory>
I've already done this in my copy of your mod.  :P
A fresh download of the current public version does not contain that category. Making the suggested change would break the mod.

Stankor

Shouldn't harvested trees give you a sapling or two so you can replenish them on your own? I don't like being dependent on traders for single use trees, farming is about living off the land.

ItchyFlea

Ideally yes. That will be coming in a future version.