[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Wood Economy (v.0.94.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Hmm, what you do have there is the testers version of the alpha 4 translation build.
Your shown menu is integrated there, but not in the alpha 3 builds.
Even the newest alpha 3 build, 0.3.413 (aka alpha 3f) still has the old architect structure with bigger buttons and without the category Floors...

Darkfirephoenix

Hrmmm Wood economy... Sounds nice but like in RL the trees sometimes take too long to grow if you need wood NOW. Maybe add another plant? Bamboo for example grows like crazy, spreads like crazy and it's as durable and usefull as wood is, if not even more durable... It's just an idea.

But I like the "low-tech" idea of your mod! ;)

Haplo

Quote from: Vas on April 24, 2014, 01:46:32 PM
Odd, shouldn't an Alpha 4 have a different version number all together then?
Normally yes, it would be 0.4.xxx. But there was a bit of confusion with the first versions..
I think since 412 or so Tynan corrected them.

daft73

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 24, 2014, 01:58:04 PM
Hrmmm Wood economy... Sounds nice but like in RL the trees sometimes take too long to grow if you need wood NOW. Maybe add another plant? Bamboo for example grows like crazy, spreads like crazy and it's as durable and usefull as wood is, if net even more durable... It's just an idea. But I like the "low-tech" idea of your mod! ;)
Well it is SciFi, and who's to say whether or not they have been able to speed up the process..but I do like the concept of bamboo. In all reality we might be able to assume the intrepid explorers may bring bits of home to start new colonies with.

Cala13er

Quote from: Vas on April 24, 2014, 11:52:24 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 24, 2014, 12:18:25 AM
A fresh download of the current public version does not contain that category. Making the suggested change would break the mod.
Odd, isn't Alpha 3 public?  Cause I have Alpha 3 and I have floors category.

Version 0.3.409 at the top corner.

BLARG, EDITED OUT *SPOILER*

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: daft73 on April 24, 2014, 02:12:29 PM
Well it is SciFi, and who's to say whether or not they have been able to speed up the process..but I do like the concept of bamboo. In all reality we might be able to assume the intrepid explorers may bring bits of home to start new colonies with.

Yes they may have speed up the growth rate of the trees, but that would mean that you have to manipulate/breed the trees so that this happens, and someone who crash-lands has only emergency equip and such manipulated tree seed would be expensive. So I would imagine that they would put an plant in wich is extremly usefull in many aspects: Bamboo grows like crazy, spreads like crazy (I already said that), you would have to dig out the roots to stop it from growing, it's durable and you can even eat it. I imagine that most ppl would choose such an usefull plant over an tree anytime, or? ;)

Maybe you could even let trees drop food too? Apples etc. That would make them even more useful! :D

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 02:15:23 PM
A fresh download of the current public version does not contain that category. Making the suggested change would break the mod.

Vas, you should probably remove that image. I read a while ago that Tynan doesn't want testers to leak information about alpha 4, and seeing as you're showing people about the new architect menu. That's exposing it.
..That said, don't you think you may want to alter your post Cala13er.. ;) :-X

Cala13er

Quote from: daft73 on April 24, 2014, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

Vas, you should probably remove that image. I read a while ago that Tynan doesn't want testers to leak information about alpha 4, and seeing as you're showing people about the new architect menu. That's exposing it.
..That said, don't you think you may want to alter your post Cala13er.. ;) :-X

Good idea ;)

zkullz

When downloading the file I can not unzip the file for it is not a .zip file it is a .7z file. Any help with this please?

ItchyFlea

.7z is the extension used by 7Zip. Most archive programs should be able to unzip it, although I've only tested WinRAR. You can download 7Zip for free, here: http://www.7-zip.org/
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cala13er

Itchy, what's the easter egg? I've not seen it yet.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Cala13er on May 02, 2014, 09:02:10 AM
That's why its an Easter egg....
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 02, 2014, 09:04:33 AM

Well I don't play RimWorld without my modpack, so if I've seen it, I may have thought some other mod added it or something.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Cala13er on May 02, 2014, 09:06:00 AM

Well I don't play RimWorld without my modpack, so if I've seen it, I may have thought some other mod added it or something.
Well that's for you to figure out,
Besides you could always take a look at the files :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 02, 2014, 09:08:51 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on May 02, 2014, 09:06:00 AM

Well that's for you to figure out,
Besides you could always take a look at the files :P

That would be cheating :P