[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Wood Economy (v.0.94.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 04:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celthric Aysen

Not if your looking at the Def files "Legit"
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Kirid

Kind of a simple issue I've been biting my toungue over.

BetterPower+ overwrites the powered door and simple door to cost wire, then Wood Econ overwrites the simple door to cost wood planks and adds wood gate.
So I end up with is powered door(75 metal+5 wire) wooden door(1metal+5planks) and wooden fence gate. The simple door that costs wire was written over.

It's not a huge problem most of the time. But it makes starting some maps very difficult. Especially if it is a big desert map with only one group of trees across the map.
I either have to spend tons of resources to build all powered doors, or wait until power is set up, sawbench built, trees cut, and planks made until I can build a cheap door.
I just think the BP + Wood compatibily mod should seperate the def for the simple wood or metal door.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

bolti1703

hi ItchyFlea

i have improved the brazier again...just try it. it now smokes and throw sparks :-D
all credits goes to you of course

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

murlocdummy

This is a pretty good mod.  The wood economy seems to work rather well, and the textures don't completely clash with the overall style of the vanilla game.

I never did figure out how to use the Firewood Stove, though.  I assume that it's just unfinished and will be functional in some future update.

gabepombo

Quote from: OpposingForces on March 01, 2014, 03:17:48 AM
hello, new here.
might i suggest the addition of wooden fences? would work like sandbags, just cheaper and nicer looking.
Tim's safety is at risk
http://www.menscience.com/blog/uploaded_images/Young-smiling-asian-man-745813.jpg

EDIT by ItchyFlea: Removal of IMG tag on irrelevant image.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: murlocdummy on May 26, 2014, 12:49:56 AM
This is a pretty good mod.  The wood economy seems to work rather well, and the textures don't completely clash with the overall style of the vanilla game.
Thank you.  :)

I never did figure out how to use the Firewood Stove, though.  I assume that it's just unfinished and will be functional in some future update.
Is it functional, but a little odd in how it works. I haven't used it for a while myself, so I might be slightly off with this:
Your colonists will try to always ensure that it contains 10 planks to use as fuel (It's default storage priority is 'Important'). When you want to use it, set up a bill for food, then when your cook is ready, click on the start fire button. It'll burn long enough for a cook to make about 10 simple meals.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

murlocdummy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 26, 2014, 03:28:21 AM
Thank you.  :)

Is it functional, but a little odd in how it works. I haven't used it for a while myself, so I might be slightly off with this:
Your colonists will try to always ensure that it contains 10 planks to use as fuel (It's default storage priority is 'Important'). When you want to use it, set up a bill for food, then when your cook is ready, click on the start fire button. It'll burn long enough for a cook to make about 10 simple meals.

Well, the good thing is that Wood Economy is going to be implemented in the vanilla game, which should fix the bugs that I've been having with it.  It seems to work when it wants to, sometimes screwing with my pawns whenever I build it.  Maybe I should just keep stockpiles of berries sitting around instead of relying on the Firewood Stove.  The rest of the mod seems to work correctly, though.

Haplo

Can you tell us, what the pawns do to be srewed?

The normal procedure of it should be like this:
You build it => The pawns will fill it with firewood (Planks) up to 10 => The amount of firewood inside is shown in the description => You need to manually ignite it. When thats done, you can use it as a normal stove as long as the fire is burning.

At least this is how it should work...

murlocdummy

Quote from: Haplo on May 26, 2014, 05:01:56 AM
Can you tell us, what the pawns do to be srewed?

The normal procedure of it should be like this:
You build it => The pawns will fill it with firewood (Planks) up to 10 => The amount of firewood inside is shown in the description => You need to manually ignite it. When thats done, you can use it as a normal stove as long as the fire is burning.

At least this is how it should work...

Some of my pawns are trying to carry food items into the stove, leading to them picking up food items and dropping them right next to themselves.  They do this repeatedly, and it lags the game immensely.  The stove also doesn't accept planks until I reload the game.  The thing is a real pain to deal with.

Haplo

That's strange. I've tried it, but can't reproduce it :(
Can you tell me what other mods you've installed?
Or better do you have the output_log.txt file?

murlocdummy

Quote from: Haplo on May 26, 2014, 05:36:25 AM
That's strange. I've tried it, but can't reproduce it :(
Can you tell me what other mods you've installed?
Or better do you have the output_log.txt file?

I get the job-giving loop error alot whenever I play, regardless of mods.
https://www.mediafire.com/?t6uhslv0oebbesu

I think that Inventory Panel gave me some issues with Armory when the textures didn't load properly.
The real game breaking problem is just the pawns running amok with job-giving loops.  I never figured out how to fix those.  I usually just start a new game with a whole new set of mods and forget about the old games.  The pawns going mad is pretty much the end of the game for me much of the time.

jaredis1

May I make a addon for my mod and your mod?

ItchyFlea

Since this isn't going to be updated to Alpha 4 for obvious reasons, I might as well mention what the easter egg was. :)

I gave one of the def files this name: If looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, then devours your soul, well, it's a duck, just not a very nice one.
Got that from FlowerChild, the developer of the Minecraft Mod: Better Than Wolves
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Celthric Aysen

i told you people to look at the def files and you guys didn't listen :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"