[MOD] (Alpha 2) Gibbet Cage (BugFix)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 27, 2014, 04:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

There's a bug with Gibbet Cages that prevents them from being used to hold the corpses of your enemies (or friends).

Download: GibbetCageFix

How to install:
� Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
� Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Bug Report Thread: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2176.0
Reported on Mantis: http://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=437
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Benny the Icepick

Thanks, Itchy.  I've been unable to load corpses into my cages.  I'm guessing this mod is the only way to make that work?

Could I also use this post to ask exactly what the gibbet cages do?  Do they influence the movement of raiders, or decrease their combat effectiveness?  Do they inspire loyalty (or reduce happiness) of colonists?  Impact the effectiveness of recruiting prisoners?  The Wiki entry (http://rimworldwiki.com/Gibbet_cage) is not especially helpful.

Thanks.

ItchyFlea

Tynan quietly hotfixed this in the public alpha 2 version. I believe if you were to redownload the game, it would include the fix. Or you could use this mod, as I believe both contain the exact same change. (The gibbet cage .xml file was missing 1 line of code.)

The wiki is correct, although it's a little vague. Basically gibbet cages are used to keep your colonists in fear. There's two ways to keep colonists loyal, happiness or fear. Gibbet cages are one of the things required to keep a reasonable amount of fear present in your colonists, keeping them loyal.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Benny the Icepick

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on March 04, 2014, 09:55:08 PM
The wiki is correct, although it's a little vague. Basically gibbet cages are used to keep your colonists in fear. There's two ways to keep colonists loyal, happiness or fear. Gibbet cages are one of the things required to keep a reasonable amount of fear present in your colonists, keeping them loyal.
What.

I've been using it to deter raiders ;D No wonder nothing really happens...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ItchyFlea

They do have an effect on raiders, just not enough to actually do anything.

StorymasterQ

So I'd probably do better if I put gibbet cages near the raider spawn points?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

harpo99999

I have tried that in aplha 1 % 254, and in both older versions the raiders just attack  and destroy the cages then continue on to the base without the delay time

xiuhte1

The cages are not for the riders is for your colony to keep them in high loyalty by the power of fear  just like execute prisoners