[A17] DoorMat

Started by Latta, July 18, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngcq1811

I don't know why but my base is still terribly dirty even with a doormat everywhere...

14m1337

1) maybe there's dirt produced inside the colony, i.e. at the butcher table.
2) the doormat alone doesn't clean the colony. there still needs to be a cleaner that cleans the doormats.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

asquirrel

what do you extract here?

I have rimword doormat archive.
then a subdirectory of wimworld doormat with two files of
gitignore and readme.md
inside that wimworld doormat subdirectory you have
a subdirectory of rimworld doormat below that which has another rimworld doormat folder and rimworld doormat.sln
then in inside that subdirectory of wimworld doormat you have properties, buildingdoormat.cs and rimworlddoormatcs.proj

I'm thinking it's the subdirectory which has the sln file above.  Don't extract the .sln file.  Just the final subdirectory and the contents there.  Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: asquirrel on September 14, 2016, 11:25:20 AM
what do you extract here?

I have rimword doormat archive.
then a subdirectory of wimworld doormat with two files of
gitignore and readme.md
inside that wimworld doormat subdirectory you have
a subdirectory of rimworld doormat below that which has another rimworld doormat folder and rimworld doormat.sln
then in inside that subdirectory of wimworld doormat you have properties, buildingdoormat.cs and rimworlddoormatcs.proj

I'm thinking it's the subdirectory which has the sln file above.  Don't extract the .sln file.  Just the final subdirectory and the contents there.  Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

i did not understand a single word of this, but I still know what you mean :)
You want to delete your download from github and either download the rar from the other link,
or redownload, but before you click in the upper left on releases, next to the blue "Tags"
then you get a .rar file for the Doormat.

Additionally you could say :

@Latta, your Download Link from Github is linked to the wrong page
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 10, 2016, 12:50:34 PM
You can use this url : https://github.com/urty5656/RimWorld-DoorMat/releases/latest to always point to the latest of your published release (that you don't have to change the link each times ;) )

To others : Use the link I just posted above, the latest version is up to date and does not require to change folder path structures.

Edit : For my mods I use"0.15.0" for <targetVersion>'s value, in the about.xml, that way no need to change/edit for each minor updates

using this link will always point to the last release the author have released, if it can help ;)

Dingo

Yes, it appears the author has linked a Github tag without a zip (only the source code). Like kaptain said you can use this link to download the latest release (download the rar file).

Jusso

Thanks for the mod, dirt can become ridiculous problem with big colony.
Well, I can't save when this mod is active, just gives me an error(pic attached) and doesn't save, and i didn't even build doormat yet, deactivating makes game normal again, but I really wanna this mod at my collection.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

asquirrel

Thanks folks for the info.  I could not figure out for the life of me how to get this to install, even after trying to follow Kaptain Kavern's instructions.  A direct link is best for people like me. :)

nachtfalter

Keep it up, one of my standard go to mods!

Etherdreamer

Thanks Kavern, The link only sends you to the "Source" and the game keeps saying is a "wrong version"

kaptain_kavern

When I download the .rar I got a functional mod. See attachment

Also if needed you can adjust yourself the version number in the about.xml file in the "about" folder. Just open it with any text editor and change the value to yours. Note that you can use 0.15.0 in order to not have to change again in case of A15D ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Etherdreamer

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 27, 2016, 08:07:18 PM
When I download the .rar I got a functional mod. See attachment

Also if needed you can adjust yourself the version number in the about.xml file in the "about" folder. Just open it with any text editor and change the value to yours. Note that you can use 0.15.0 in order to not have to change again in case of A15D ;-)
Sorry my writing was bad, I mean the OP´s link sends to the source, your link is the correct one.

Latta

Great, what the hell... Sorry for my absence. I've fixed the issue as well as some minor stat update and Spanish support.
Please notify me any further issue via Steam Workshop replies(fastest, won't take more than a day to read), GitHub (faster), or forum PM(slower).

Beathrus