[A17] DoorMat

Started by Latta, July 18, 2016, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Stormfox

I tried that last linked release in a running game and it does not seem to work. I remember using these doormats in multiple games. IIRC you had to research carpeting before being able to build them or something, which I already did. They simply do not show up, nor does a special tech for them. Is there something amiss or does this mod need to be there from colony start?

CannibarRechter

Try the download in my all downloads link. I still don't really know if it works, but I recompiled it, reviewed the code, and updated all the XML. It SHOULD work.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Stormfox on December 03, 2017, 01:44:13 PM
I tried that last linked release in a running game and it does not seem to work. I remember using these doormats in multiple games. IIRC you had to research carpeting before being able to build them or something, which I already did. They simply do not show up, nor does a special tech for them. Is there something amiss or does this mod need to be there from colony start?

Are you sure you have followed install instructions?

QuoteInstallation:
Download source below, place LT-DoorMat in your Mods folder. You may discard everything else.

You only need one folder from the archive to be placed in your mods folder: LT-DoorMat, this is the mod folder, per se.

Stormfox

Ah, I did not expect another directory level within the zip - normally its just "extract here" => move over folders with github mods. Works fine.

kaptain_kavern

sulusdacor

small patch that adds fabric to the leather doormats stuffcategories ;)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

deus-misereatur

Can I ask if just adding a new doormat of (3x1) size to the defs is sufficient, or will it require .dll tinkering to work?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looked through the source files already.

beeeboop

Is there an update for A18?

Golden

Quote from: beeeboop on February 13, 2018, 10:00:34 PM
Is there an update for A18?
Latta updated his mod to Beta 18 on the Steam Workshop on Nov 30th.  Also, there is a Github link a page back on this thread.

Benito

is this save compatible ? I put in mid game after I had searched carpeting, and it won't show up. maybe I cant see it ? I only placed the LT_doormat folder inside my mods folder/

Canute

It should be.
You did it right just to place  LT_doormat into mods.
You know that's a A17 version not B18 ?

wwWraith

Benito, you also have to activate it in your mods list.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

Do the door mats require research? You can enable dev mode (in options) and then god mode (new button at top of screen, on the right) so that when you go to your build menu, all buildings should be available.

Also, if you have the mod HelpTab installed, couldn't you search for this item, and see if it appears in game through this, then you know it should be working?

Mr_Man

Found a small bug:

Mod Door Mat v1.0.8 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.18.1722</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
Verse.<>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
Verse.<>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()