Congratulations RimWorld !

Started by rezur, July 19, 2016, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rezur

http://steamspy.com/

Rimworld First on the Charts ! Amazing work for an amazing game !

cultist

Wow. Is it just me or is there literaly not a single AAA title on that list? That's kind of amazing.

rezur

When will AAA companies will understand that players want quality games and diversity, not marketing campaigns ?

akiceabear

I'm not sure what the criteria is for trending, but it isn't sales alone - Rimworld is #3, and there are plenty of AAA titles in the top ten. GTA5 has been in the top 10 of sales for months and months. Also, I think Rimworlds positions also includes everyone that owned it pre-Steam that is now redeeming their Steam codes.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

No doubt that Rimworld is doing well, and I hope continues too.

falcongrey

Quote from: akiceabear on July 20, 2016, 01:11:57 AM
I'm not sure what the criteria is for trending, but it isn't sales alone - Rimworld is #3, and there are plenty of AAA titles in the top ten. GTA5 has been in the top 10 of sales for months and months. Also, I think Rimworlds positions also includes everyone that owned it pre-Steam that is now redeeming their Steam codes.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

Well I DO know, on Steam's Top Seller list, Rimworld is hitting #3 above GTA V, No Man's Sky, CS:Go, and Batman - The Telltale Series. That should mean something there. ;)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

akiceabear

Quote from: falcongrey on July 20, 2016, 02:49:28 AM
Well I DO know, on Steam's Top Seller list, Rimworld is hitting #3 above GTA V, No Man's Sky, CS:Go, and Batman - The Telltale Series. That should mean something there. ;)
Quote from: akiceabear on July 20, 2016, 01:11:57 AM

As quoted, it's obviously doing well. I just think one should present the facts clearly - Rimworld is beating a AAA game that is in the top ten for 15 months already (GTA5), another that's been out since mid-2012 (CSGO), and two unreleased games (NMS, Batman). This isn't quite the same as going toe to toe with a AAA just released, and I think some of the comments here insinuate that.

Of course, Tynan deliberately choose a week with limited other releases - great strategy. And, again, the game is rightfully successful - and I hope continues to be, as it will support development.

Tortuosit

Quote from: rezur on July 19, 2016, 10:53:54 AMWhen will AAA companies will understand that players want quality games and diversity, not marketing campaigns ?
Well it least I hope decreasing numbers of players get blinded by cutscene marketing. I think more and more companies understand, fancy cutscenes will not help them if they have bad products.
Rimworld is well done and hit Steam at the right time.