bringing back the dev-log?

Started by 123nick, July 19, 2016, 08:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123nick

i remember there being a dev log where tynan sylvester would upload change logs for indevelopment builds, and it was really neat, but then it was discontinued. im thinking that, it might be cool if it was put back into use again, for more dev logs too be updated.

Shinzy

From another thread

Quote from: Tynan on November 15, 2015, 02:39:54 AM
I'm non-stickying this one for now since I'm no longer maintaining the change log. Why? For reasons outlined on the changelog itself. Really, I only started it so I could show it to government people while seeking government R&D funding, and it duplicates the git commits. It's just a bit of drag on progress, I find, a small but persistent time sink for time I could use actually making the game. Less changelog equals more features!

I don't think anything would of changed since then, that it wouldn't be as much of a timesink now, as it was before

123nick

Quote from: Shinzy on July 19, 2016, 08:13:23 AM
From another thread

Quote from: Tynan on November 15, 2015, 02:39:54 AM
I'm non-stickying this one for now since I'm no longer maintaining the change log. Why? For reasons outlined on the changelog itself. Really, I only started it so I could show it to government people while seeking government R&D funding, and it duplicates the git commits. It's just a bit of drag on progress, I find, a small but persistent time sink for time I could use actually making the game. Less changelog equals more features!

I don't think anything would of changed since then, that it wouldn't be as much of a timesink now, as it was before

duplicates the git comments? is there like, a github thingy somewhere?

Shinzy

might be somekind of private (?) thing
but Ty's been posting the full list of changes in the blog at the mainpage
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/alpha-14-the-complete-change-log/

I still don't think there's any way for "just anyone" to keep track of what's happening like "live"

123nick

Quote from: Shinzy on July 19, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
might be somekind of private (?) thing
but Ty's been posting the full list of changes in the blog at the mainpage
https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/alpha-14-the-complete-change-log/

I still don't think there's any way for "just anyone" to keep track of what's happening like "live"

oh :( well, i guess the devblog will have to do.