Pirate character name rejected; why?

Started by Deweyoxberg, July 19, 2016, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deweyoxberg

Hi RimWorld,

I have tried submitting a name for a Pirate several times; I get an automated response that the name does not meet the criteria guidelines with no further explanation or guidance.

I am trying to submit "Luminary" as the first name and "Xion" as the second. I've seen a few people manage to get various names accepted, such as a first name of "Luro".

Is there any reason why this keeps getting rejected and if so, does anyone have guidance on a similar name which would be OK?

Thanks in advance.

milon

Deweyoxberg

Several times, yes. It's unclear from said guidelines which part is being violated a d hence causinvlg the rejection.

Shinzy

If I'd have to guess "Luminary" being an actual word rather than a name isn't none too good
maybe try the french variants like Luminaire or Lumiére or something =P

Deweyoxberg

Deweyoxberg

Apparently "Lumiere" is not acceptable either.

Seriously , this has to be the most frustrating experience.

Can a Mod/Staff Member take my suggestion and propose some acceptable alternatives? This is getting to be an exercise in futility.

Shinzy

Well I'm horribly bad with names
maybe this would help you if you would like to name your pirate something more Fireflyesque
https://ramblurr.github.io/firefly-rpg-generator/names.html

Or Just Dewey "Ox" Oxberg, mighty pirate ;D

Deweyoxberg

I'm looking for acceptable variations on Luminary Xion, since the former is not accepted. Neither is Lumiere or Lumi.

milon

"Lumi" is already a name in the game.  That may be why it got rejected.  You'd have to PM Tynan to get more specifics (I wish that was a feature for any rejected names).

What about Luna or Sol?  Different names, similar concepts.

Tynan

Dewey, did you manage to get it accepted?

If not can you tell me the last one you tried?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Deweyoxberg

Hi Tynan,

I have not been able to get my submission(s) accepted. I have tried the following so far:

Luminary "Lumi" Xion
Luminary "Lx" Xion
Lumiére "Lumi" Xion
Lumiére "Lx" Xion - This was the last submission

The reasons for rejection so far include: unrealistic name, no initials, no internet handles and name already in-game/nothing copyrighted.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tynan

Lumiére "Lumi" Xion - I'd take this one. Can you just submit it please and I'll try to grab it. I'll be looking for a pirate king.

Deweyoxberg

Thanks Tynan, will do.

Curious: You mentioned pirate king, as in male. Is there any way we could make this work as a female character instead?

Tynan

Quote from: Deweyoxberg on August 16, 2016, 09:39:24 PM
Thanks Tynan, will do.

Curious: You mentioned pirate king, as in male. Is there any way we could make this work as a female character instead?

It's just the name of the tier, it works with either gender.

btw I don't see the submission yet.

Deweyoxberg

Thanks Tynan; I've resubmitted the name.