[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Riotzanber on September 02, 2016, 09:48:23 PM
Hiya. Any chance of this mod making it to a15? :D

Likelihood is good as it's still being worked on at the github repo last I checked.
#StopPluginAbuse

Morgloz

I already updated it, but it won't work until CCL updates too, so I can't test it.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Riotzanber

Quote from: Morgloz on September 04, 2016, 01:30:56 PM

I already updated it, but it won't work until CCL updates too, so I can't test it.

Can I say I love you?
Now to wait patiently for CCL to update. :D

Morgloz

Quote from: Riotzanber on September 09, 2016, 10:47:30 PM

Can I say I love you?

Since it's taking them a long time to update it and Redist uses just a couple of it's functions I'm trying to implement them on the mod directly.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Crossbowman

One of the best mods, in my opinion. We all eagerly await your updates!

Shinkai

Quote from: Morgloz on September 10, 2016, 02:52:06 PM
Quote from: Riotzanber on September 09, 2016, 10:47:30 PM

Can I say I love you?

Since it's taking them a long time to update it and Redist uses just a couple of it's functions I'm trying to implement them on the mod directly.

Cool. I look forward to trying this out. Been playing on an arid shrubland where the temp is like 80F+. Always.

Having central air would be nice.

Morgloz

Finally removed CCL dependency, I only tested it a bit because now I have to split time between this and university.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Changed a few things that didn't update on github if you downloaded it prior to this message, download it again.

Edit: And I messed up again, should be fixed now
My mods:
RedistHeat

Deimos Rast

and so it begins.
Kind of sad about the breakup, but I understand, especially if you didn't use too much of CCL. It had to happen sooner or later.
The important thing is it's done, and for that you have my thanks.
Cheers mate!
(/mellowdrama)
#StopPluginAbuse

Master Bucketsmith

Crossbowman

Looks and feels excellent! I did find an odd behaviour, though; if I destruct a duct outlet and install a smart duct outlet in its place, the temperature in my network decreases by about 50 C, and it never really stabilises. This nearly ended my ice sheet colony, since the outdoor temperature was averaging about -60 C, and winter temperature hit -91 C at its lowest. The colony indoor farm instantly failed, so our food supply was critically low. My colonists had a balmy indoor temperature of 10 C when it plummeted to -40 C, and lacking in wood I was forced to have all of my colonists sit next to the industrial heater while the net warmed up.

It's able to hit about 0-5 C now, but the average net temperature still drops to -20 C sometimes. I can at least grow crops though with some medium heaters, and for the most part my colonists aren't complaining with their parkas on. It was still pretty scary to see all of my rooms at -55 C for a while though!

Adventurer

Seems to conflict with cuproPanda's Expanded Power...

Morgloz

Quote from: Crossbowman on September 16, 2016, 12:15:37 AM
Looks and feels excellent! I did find an odd behaviour, though; if I destruct a duct outlet and install a smart duct outlet in its place, the temperature in my network decreases by about 50 C, and it never really stabilises. This nearly ended my ice sheet colony, since the outdoor temperature was averaging about -60 C, and winter temperature hit -91 C at its lowest. The colony indoor farm instantly failed, so our food supply was critically low. My colonists had a balmy indoor temperature of 10 C when it plummeted to -40 C, and lacking in wood I was forced to have all of my colonists sit next to the industrial heater while the net warmed up.

It's able to hit about 0-5 C now, but the average net temperature still drops to -20 C sometimes. I can at least grow crops though with some medium heaters, and for the most part my colonists aren't complaining with their parkas on. It was still pretty scary to see all of my rooms at -55 C for a while though!

If you post an image of the net or a savegame I could test what happened.

Quote from: Adventurer on September 16, 2016, 10:59:49 PM
Seems to conflict with cuproPanda's Expanded Power...

I need more info to try to solve it.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Adventurer

Here you go. Hopefully it is minor.

Conflicting Mods: Expanded Power  &  RedistHeat
C:\Games\RimWorld A15c\Mods\cuproPanda, Expanded Power vAug28\Defs\VanillaOverrides\Buildings_Temperature_EXP.xml
C:\Games\RimWorld A15c\Mods\RedistHeat v44a\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_TempController.xml
Expanded Power                                     Load Position: 11  FileSize: 4831   Line: 5     RootElement: Defs                    Element: ThingDef                                      defName: Heater                                   
RedistHeat                                         Load Position: 53  FileSize: 18703  Line: 16    RootElement: Buildings               Element: ThingDef                                      defName: Heater                                   

Conflicting Mods: Expanded Power  &  RedistHeat
C:\Games\RimWorld A15c\Mods\cuproPanda, Expanded Power vAug28\Defs\VanillaOverrides\Buildings_Temperature_EXP.xml
C:\Games\RimWorld A15c\Mods\RedistHeat v44a\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_TempController.xml
Expanded Power                                     Load Position: 11  FileSize: 4831   Line: 73    RootElement: Defs                    Element: ThingDef                                      defName: Cooler                                   
RedistHeat                                         Load Position: 53  FileSize: 18703  Line: 83    RootElement: Buildings               Element: ThingDef                                      defName: Cooler             

The file for it is located here: https://github.com/cuproPanda/EXP/blob/master/Mod/Defs/VanillaOverrides/Buildings_Temperature_EXP.xml

Hopefully the conflicts are minor.

Also, there was someone on the previous page who had issues with the smart duct outlet as well, right near the bottom of the page.

Morgloz

Ok, what happens is that EXP overrides the heater and the cooler, which is been overrided by me.

The EXP post says "Overrides can be removed by deleting the Defs/VanillaOverrides folder", so you will have to delete the Buildings_Temperature_EXP.xml. If you want the changes made by EXP, which are basically more materials required to build, I would suggest you to add those materials to the Buildings_TempController.xml of RedistHeat.
My mods:
RedistHeat