[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer

Ahh, I see. Good to know. I hope you get the issues with the Smart Duct sorted.

Falc

Okay, so I have a Heat Wave going on, outside temperatures are reaching 50°C.

I have 4 Industrial Coolers in a 3x9 room, bringing the room to -40°C, more or less, with 9 Duct Intakes.

I have ducts bringing this cold air to a 5x11 freezer room and a 5x7 hospital, using Smart Outlets. The ones in the freezer are set to -9°C and the hospital is at 21°C.

And while the hospital is stable at that temperature, the freezer just won't go below 3°C...

I'm thinking the issue stems in part from the fact that the temperature in the duct channel keeps fluctuating a lot and rapidly, starting at about 15, rapidly going to -3 and then jumping back to 15.

Am I doing something wrong?

Adventurer

Falc, a lot o people have been having issues with the Smart stuff. The author is working on it. Supply a save if you can.

SteelRev

Added A15 version to my mods list. I get an error log on startup now. Where should I start troubleshooting? Attached is output log.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Morgloz

Quote from: SteelRev on September 17, 2016, 10:24:25 PM
Added A15 version to my mods list. I get an error log on startup now. Where should I start troubleshooting? Attached is output log.

It looks like is not loading RedistHeat at all. Try downloading it again.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Xgkkp

I'm not sure if this is behaving as intended - I'm on an ice sheet, and a raid killed one of my pipes that was taking heat from a geothermal vent, leaving one end of the pipe exposed. I'd assume that it would take nothing in without an inlet, but it looks like it's leaving every connected room vent-connected to the outside - my main growing area dropped to -20c, despite having two industrial heaters in and normally being a perfectly good temperature.

I *had* connected a smart duct - which I have now removed but am still getting the behavior. Funnily enough when first connecting to a couple of small rooms they went up to 90c - as expected with the vent, but the instant I built the smart heater it dropped to 23c - despite only having an upper connection (that was not connected).... something is going odd with the smart heaters, for sure.

Do unconnected pipes just count as "outside" by default?

Serenity

I'd like to try this for my next playthrough, which is going to be in the desert, but this mod seems to be really bugged from what people are saying :/

SteelRev

Quote from: Morgloz on September 21, 2016, 09:46:12 AM
Quote from: SteelRev on September 17, 2016, 10:24:25 PM

It looks like is not loading RedistHeat at all. Try downloading it again.

Thanks, seems I downloaded the source from github the first time.

yttriumtyclief

Running into a really weird bug after installing this mod on an existing save. I've attached an image of what the network looks like visually.

I loaded it with all of the same mods on a fresh save and used god mode to recreate the situation and everything works perfectly there. To me, it seems like the ducts aren't actually connecting to one another. Often if I remove a duct and then click another still-existing duct to view the network, it shows a ghost outline of the old duct as if it were still there, so I have a feeling the duct networks aren't being updated whatsoever.

There don't seem to be any errors in the debug log. I'm going to continue this save without RedistHeat but I'll save this post-install variant of the save, so if there's any type of information that would help you, I'd be happy to provide any debug info I can.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dellamorte

The duct system has trouble when you add it to an old save, the other parts of the mod work fine.

Morgloz

Quote from: Xgkkp on September 21, 2016, 01:17:39 PM
Do unconnected pipes just count as "outside" by default?
As of right now there are three things that change the system's temperature: intakes, outlets and the duct cooler.
The intakes are the ones that have the most "power" changing the net, but the outlets will transfer a bit of the room's temperature to the net too.

However this is as far as I'm been able to understand of Latta's code, but I'll check that "outside" thing.
Quote from: Serenity on September 21, 2016, 01:20:08 PM
I'd like to try this for my next playthrough, which is going to be in the desert, but this mod seems to be really bugged from what people are saying :/

Well, I'm reworking the duct system right now because smart ducts are completely broken and new things pop every day. However the temperature buildings work fine, and that means three tipes of heaters and coolers, which are still quite useful.
My mods:
RedistHeat

SteelRev

the smart ducts are working fine for cooling on my play with it. Pulling cold air from my frezzer as expected. I tried to use the exhaust from two medium coolers are heat for my base but even with 10 intakes and 5 smart vents set to target 500+. the system couldn't take hot air out of the room fast enough to keep the coolers effective.

Serenity

I used the passive ducts for the first time now and those seem to work fine :)
Simply for cooling bedrooms I don't need smart ducts as the temperature can be in a wide range.

I tried the smart vent in another game to cool my kitchen with cold air from the freezer. But that caused the freezer to be way too warm. Could be that the temperature difference between outside and the kitchen was so high that all the cold air was sucked out of the freezer. Not sure.

dawixx

Quote from: yttriumtyclief on September 22, 2016, 10:01:02 PM
Running into a really weird bug after installing this mod on an existing save. I've attached an image of what the network looks like visually.

I loaded it with all of the same mods on a fresh save and used god mode to recreate the situation and everything works perfectly there. To me, it seems like the ducts aren't actually connecting to one another. Often if I remove a duct and then click another still-existing duct to view the network, it shows a ghost outline of the old duct as if it were still there, so I have a feeling the duct networks aren't being updated whatsoever.

There don't seem to be any errors in the debug log. I'm going to continue this save without RedistHeat but I'll save this post-install variant of the save, so if there's any type of information that would help you, I'd be happy to provide any debug info I can.

I have the very same issue. I don't know what to do now, my save won't work without Redist Heat and it doesn't work itself.

KTVSUN

This is a great mod, thank you, it makes temperature managament a breeze.

Cheers,

K