[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryBi

installed latest version, tried to built freezer - it just disappear after being built

also can someone tell me how duct coller supposed to work?

Canute

You need build the duct cooler outside or in a room you want to heat.
Build the outlet in a room you want to cool, you don't need a smart one since you adjust the temp. over the cooler.
Connect both with pipes or when they are next to each other just select the same upper or lower to connect them.
Set the duct cooler to a negativ temp. (celsius).
If the room don't cool enough, check the temperatur of the net temperatur, is the temp to high you need another cooler.
Is the net temperatur ok, you need another outlet.

About ductwork generell, don't you think they are a bit overpowered ?
When i got a geysir in a 25x25 room it raise the temp at 1-3 degree.
But when i suround the geysir with wall and use duct's to transport the heat i can keep a bigger base warm.
Sure most enemy's like to destroy pipes but thats is not a big deal.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RommePawn

I'm having some issues with this mod. After I installed it the temperature of my base(rather large base) just kept dropping. It was -39 outside, the temperature inside stays at 20-21 during the summer(now). I use 3 walls of insulation and 90% of the base has overhead mountain. The base is heated with 21 heaters in the main room/hallway/garden. I know for a fact that without this mod the temperature will stay at 20-21.

So does this mod change how heat works? Or does it nerf the standard heaters? If its a nerf then how many industrial heaters do you think I will need? The problem isn't really having the mats for the heaters, its more an issue that I likely will not be able to finish the research for the industrial heaters before my base is an icebox.

Canute

I need 5 medium heater for a 25x25 room to stay at 15 degree on -49 outside with double stone walls.
Thats why i switched to use steam geysirs and ductwork. I can heat 3 rooms 25x25 with one geysir alot less power cost.

Do you got a geysir near by or maybe in the mountain use it. If you want to use outside geysirs you should use at last 2, raiders like it to destroy ductpipes.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RommePawn

I do have a geyser within my territory but the issue is that a 25x25 room is 625 square cells. My base's main hallway/farm area, the place that gets heated, is 3927 square cells.

Jheebs

I got it to work with an existing save by updating the save file.

Mine are in C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves

Open the save with a text editor (should probably make a backup copy first) and find <components>

Then inside of it (below with the other <li> tags), add

<li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker" />

Save it then load the save and it 'should' work.  Hopefully this helps someone.

Canute

Quote from: RommePawn on October 19, 2016, 05:13:54 PM
I do have a geyser within my territory but the issue is that a 25x25 room is 625 square cells. My base's main hallway/farm area, the place that gets heated, is 3927 square cells.
Try it out, my current base i around 2k squares, and i got 21 degrees even with -49 outside.
If the geysir inside your walls/warm area, it is enough with a simple wall.

You can try it even with a generator on top, but then you don't get enough heat concentrate.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

I'm having a problem from the mod, the pipes wouldn't connect to each other. Although it somehow worked, it just wouldn't connect to each other. I looked like it an end pipe in a single line. I also happen to had a similar problem since the early alpha before I stop playing, and to this day I still encounter that problem. could you please advice me what to do...

jmababa

Canute

You mean, you can't build pipes into natural stones ?
Can you build power conduits into natural stones, no you can't.

Beside that, i have no problems to distribute my heat/cold in a mountain base with pipes.

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

Quote from: Canute on November 03, 2016, 06:32:31 AM

Beside that, i have no problems to distribute my heat/cold in a mountain base with pipes.

no that... I mean placing it on a single line with each had ha look of "end pipe"

Killaim

i want this for power cables.

different types of cables that dont connect to each other to layer them or cross over each other to make different networks

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

here is what it looked like http://imgur.com/a/qXvkP

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

jmababa

Quote from: Canute on November 03, 2016, 06:32:31 AM

problem is now people are saying This place is unpleasant to be in get me out. Very ugly environment so you can't really put this in mountains. You need to tile the mountain just to get that very ugly environment away. I can't do cause I'm using Caveworld flora mod and next they'll say In Darkness and I'm a tribe so no lamps

Wishmaster

I have an issue.

I can't get the lower pipes to connect to each others and I can't get vents to connect to a pipe network.
The "net temperature" field is always empty.
... Everything works fine however if I start a new game so I don't if I can blame my current modpack.

Finally the vanilla cooler doesn't function properly anymore and is locked to lower power.

Any ideas ? does someone had similar issues?