[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshw42291

Might have been asked already, but once it is reimplimented, will it work with our current saves? Not too educated on the rimworld modding scene other than installing too many mods and making them work together through vigorous trial and error on my load order lol.

Morgloz

For testing I use a save in with zero RedistHeat buildings built. If you deconstruct the buildings that have been changed the save should, but I can't guarantee it.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Joshw42291

Okay, thanks for the reply :). Thanks for all the work by the way, this mod is essential, hopefully something like it can get added to vanilla someday.

Morgloz

My mods:
RedistHeat

joaonunes

Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Mst

Good news, thanks!
Has anybody already tried updating from no ductwork version their existing save?

deathstar

Quote from: Kurt Russel on February 07, 2017, 05:55:49 PM
Good news, thanks!
Has anybody already tried updating from no ductwork version their existing save?

Working fine for me so far.

tobi1449

How do you use the industrial cooler with the latest update?
Do you have to set both the cooler and the exhaust ports to room? Or the exhaust ports to network?

Pichu0102

If you want to maintain the temperature in a room, will a smart output choose which duct to use, or will you need two set to the different ducts?

Mst

Quote from: deathstar on February 07, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: Kurt Russel on February 07, 2017, 05:55:49 PM
Good news, thanks!

Working fine for me so far.
Thanks, gonna try it out now

joaonunes

I think I need some help... I started a completely new save after installing RedistHeat, built a freezer and placed 2 "ACs" (cant remember the name) outside with ducts linking them to the outlets (automatic ones). Both the ACs and outlets set to -10ºC and to use the "low" duct, but the temperature in the room does not decrease... it stays at 15ºC (the same as outside) in a metal walled room with only "one door" (actually there are two doors and a pawn must go through both to enter the freezer).

Am I doing something wrong? It seemed to work in the past... I have pretty much the same mods as before and the ones I added affect pawns, not temperature stuff...

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ni42

From the first page:

QuoteSecond, the the duct outlets need flow to distribute the network heat. The only way to generate flow is wit the duct intakes each producing 16 units of flow. Since the outlets require 4, you can have up to four per intake if you want them at full throttle. The intakes suck a lot of air so a room of at least a 4x4 room is needed. They will also pull air from connected rooms so the temperature in the surrounding rooms is also important.

Did you try connecting intakes to your ductwork? After installing them, I could cool rooms. But I agree, the way Flow works is rather confusing. I wonder if the current flow is displayed somewhere, just so I know how many intakes/outlets I can balance to get efficient.

joaonunes

Quote from: Ni42 on February 08, 2017, 02:53:54 PM
Did you try connecting intakes to your ductwork? After installing them, I could cool rooms. But I agree, the way Flow works is rather confusing. I wonder if the current flow is displayed somewhere, just so I know how many intakes/outlets I can balance to get efficient.

Ok, let me describe the system a bit better:
- small coolers are touching the wall;
- They are both connected to the same pipe, same with the outlets;
- There are only two outlets connected to the pipe which is about 2 squares long in length;
- The coolers are under a room but they are "outside", meaning they are in a relatively large room with no doors, only an open space as entrance;
- The closet thing to the coolers other than the wall is a battery that has exactly one square between it and the coolers ;
- The coolers are touching each other;

Maybe one of those things is violating the "mechanical rules" for it to work... I remember the coolers working even in closed spaces like in an old colony I had where they were in a completely closed room which heated the room for A LOT xD