[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tindahbawx

Yeah, I'm not having any joy with the big coolers with a cool room and ductwork either, whereas making a hot loop with the industrial heaters and ducting is working perfectly fine.

Some weird is going on with the cooling, those big coolers just dont seem to be cooling correctly, its real hard to drop the temperature significantly when using them to create usable cool air for the ducts. Heaters on the other hand, plonk one down in an 8x8 Room, add an intake duct, and outlets where you need 'em, crank that thing up to +100 and you get tons of heat pumping.

Morgloz

I'll give some numbers. Intakes are a bit overpowered right now, they generate 16 units of flow, which means that you will need a network of at least 16 items or they will override any temperature the network had wit the one in the room.

Outlets consume 4 units of flow, and the temperature buildings change the temperature of the network but don't generate flow.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Seeker89

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the heaters and hooking them up to the duckwork. With in my base I have the industrial heaters, telling it to heat up the room takes seconds, but when I switch to the duckwork they fall short. do they need to be outside in order to work?

AngleWyrm

The duct work is pretty and I tried using it, but temperature control is worse than vanilla. I'll be back for another go at it when the thermostat works.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

faltonico

Is there anything I can do for the ductwork to work on existing save games?

kosh401

The industrial coolers had me fooled at first too but now I have them working normally. My problem was that I attached the outtake to them and THOUGHT I had it blowing outside since it's built into the outter wall, but I had not told it to connect to the the other option... Sorry I forget the names right now, there is a toggle between 'room' and 'vent system' or something like that. Once I had those options set correctly on BOTH the cooler AND the exhaust unit everything worked as expected. This is in my fridge, and I also now have an intake in the fridge sucking cold air and moving it to another room via duct with smart vent and that's working as expected as well.

joaonunes

Quote from: faltonico on February 10, 2017, 05:21:41 PM

Yes, there should be. A while back I found out what was missing for the ducts to work. You basically need two things:
- Before installing the mod remove all temperature related buildings;
- After installing the mod look for this string in the save file:

<components>
<li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker" />
</components>
<cameraMap>
</cameraMap>

This string must be in the components list in your save, if it's not you can manually add it, just copy the line above and paste it at the end of the "components" list
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

faltonico

Quote from: joaonunes on February 11, 2017, 06:05:47 AM
Quote from: faltonico on February 10, 2017, 05:21:41 PM

Yes, there should be. A while back I found out what was missing for the ducts to work. You basically need two things:
- Before installing the mod remove all temperature related buildings;
- After installing the mod look for this string in the save file:

<components>
<li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker" />
</components>
<cameraMap>
</cameraMap>

This string must be in the components list in your save, if it's not you can manually add it, just copy the line above and paste it at the end of the "components" list
Thanks a lot!
Trying it now.

EDIT: It worked like a charm, thanks!

Pichu0102

Does this setup look like it will work, or do you need more space for each intake?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

grimsurgent

can somebody who has their industrial coolers and ductwork working post a screenshot? im struggling in the middle of a heatwave

KrombopulosMichael

I don't have the industrial coolers or heaters in my temperature tab

faltonico

Quote from: KrombopulosMichael on February 12, 2017, 05:42:04 AM
I don't have the industrial coolers or heaters in my temperature tab
I think you need to research those first.

Quote from: Pichu0102 on February 11, 2017, 11:29:56 PM
Does this setup look like it will work, or do you need more space for each intake?
Make a backup save and enable Developer Mode in the options menu, then you can enable God Mode for instant building (clicking the face-like button on top of the pawn bar), you can playtest with everything you imagine to see what works ;)
For what i have experienced, i think you need more space in the room the intakes are in, for them to have more "volume" to draw from. I "felt" they work better that way. But i don't know what if they need to be more separated from each other, i think not.

Pichu0102

I had to double wall. That was the problem.

Only... something weird happened. This: https://gfycat.com/SmartEquatorialAmericanindianhorse
The temp keeps going back up even when this is the hottest room on the map. Rest are around 70, This one has heaters set to 124. The temp keeps dropping then rising despite the solar flare taking offline the heaters. Nothing should be maintaining the temp in the room, but it is, so, uh, I have no clue what's going on here.

https://gist.github.com/e8e06b77d4d5d51197acdaf7191ca8f8

Milso

OK I was trying to use the ductwork to cool a room. The outside temp is 50-70C i have one intake (Tried outside and in the room) and 4 smart ducts inside room.  i started adding multipurpose coolers and i could not get the temp down by more than 10c from outside temp.
the network temp is all over the place but does not drop close to 21c i had over 15 multipurpose coolers before giving up on it. 

I tried industrial cooler set to network and it was not even as effective as the multipurpose cooler.

Has anyone gotten this system to work after the duct rework?  I also tried to cool a room with the industrial cooler and intake ducts in the cooler room this was not even very effective.

Wisq

I'm getting some pretty weird bugs here.

First — I loaded an autosave, and one of my bedrooms (which had both a smart duct and a regular duct) jumped from -30ºC up to +2000ºC on load.  Everything started to catch fire, etc.

Second — I went back one autosave before that, and now all my temperatures for the heated rooms are "NaNC", which I take to mean floating point divide by zero / infinity error.  Interestingly, nothing is catching fire.  However, the NaNºC is contagious — any door that opens, the room on the other side becomes NaNºC.  I suspect that it dumps an infinite amount of heat into the other room, yet the "are colonists uncomfortable" / "does stuff burst into flame" code just ignores infinity.  I could exploit this if I wanted, but I'd rather just figure out what's going on. :)

Third — probably not a bug, just me misunderstanding the system.  I've got a mountain base, and it's -40ºC outside.  I've been trying to heat just the bedrooms with a duct system attached to two industrial heaters.  I can get the ducts up to 100ºC or more, but the smart vents in each bedroom are incapable of pushing them above about -30ºC.  I tried adding a second smart vent to a room, but it did pretty much nothing — maybe a degree or two more.  Meanwhile, if I just open all the doors and break down the wall to the industrial heater room, I can set them to Room and pretty much heat the entire base.  So, I'm presumably just not getting enough airflow, but adding more smart outlets isn't helping?  Not sure what to do here.

Finally — is there any way to safely harvest the heat from geysers in a very cold setting?  I walled in a geyser (2x2 interior, as tight as it can go) and put double walls and doors around it, but the problem is, the vent sucks in the heat so fast that the room just almost instantly drops down to -30ºC again, and then the vent is sucking in cold air and undoing all the work it just did.  Can we maybe get a smart vent intake?

(I'll archive these savefiles; let me know if you want them.  They use a bunch of mods, but RedistHeat should be the only thing touching temperature.)

Edit: Found another issue.  On load, my industrial heaters say "Connected to Lower channel.  Net temperature:" i.e. blank, even though the next line says "Connected to the room".  Power usage is "low" and they refuse to heat no matter how hot I set them.  Toggling between Room/Network does not fix them, but toggling between Upper/Lower does (even though they're not on the Network).