[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirsim

Quote from: CathDubh on February 22, 2017, 10:29:25 PM
Sirsim I concur, that was the only solution I found.
I found a cheat-solution. When you load the game keep the game paused and see from where he NANC temp. comes from.You may need to run time a bit to see it and reload. For me was the industry coolers,while the industry heaters was okay. Got in god mode destroyed all the coolers - always in pause from load- rebuild them and then run the game.NANC temp. didn't occur. If you run the game and NANC occur nothing can be done, so you cheat on pause and it's ok.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Jagerius

I got the same problem with NaNC temperature in rooms with overhead mountain roof. Tried to remove all temperature related stuff from map, and remove this mod, but the save won't load without it. Note that NaNC temperature won't show up when I don't touch my current mod load order, but when I try to add any other, even minor aesthetic mod, it instantly pops up and I need to revert.

Sirsim

Quote from: kot_filemon on March 01, 2017, 07:26:29 AM
I got the same problem with NaNC temperature in rooms with overhead mountain roof. Tried to remove all temperature related stuff from map, and remove this mod, but the save won't load without it. Note that NaNC temperature won't show up when I don't touch my current mod load order, but when I try to add any other, even minor aesthetic mod, it instantly pops up and I need to revert.
The problem comes  mostly from industry coolers. When you load the game stay paused and delete (in god mode) the industry coolers. Run the time for some seconds,make sure that no NaNC temp present, pause and rebuild them. No problem after that. For me that always worked and except once, the industry coolers was the problem. One time was the industry heaters. No need to delete and replace anything else but the coolers.

Jagerius

Quote from: Sirsim on March 01, 2017, 08:43:11 AM
The problem comes  mostly from industry coolers. When you load the game stay paused and delete (in god mode) the industry coolers. Run the time for some seconds,make sure that no NaNC temp present, pause and rebuild them. No problem after that. For me that always worked and except once, the industry coolers was the problem. One time was the industry heaters. No need to delete and replace anything else but the coolers.

No luck, tried that and still getting the NaNC temp in my hospital room. I guess I'll wait for an update because it broke my current colony, tried various things to fix it, but everytime my pawns try to roof the hospital room the temperature there switches to NaNC.

Sirsim

Quote from: kot_filemon on March 02, 2017, 07:07:41 AM
Quote from: Sirsim on March 01, 2017, 08:43:11 AM

No luck, tried that and still getting the NaNC temp in my hospital room. I guess I'll wait for an update because it broke my current colony, tried various things to fix it, but everytime my pawns try to roof the hospital room the temperature there switches to NaNC.

Your save must have been already corrupted cause i play with this trick for nearly a week now. Load an autosave position before your last
save and try again. Remember to not let the time pass before you rebuild the heaters.

katherineironfist

WARNING!

I do not recommend this mod.

As others above me have stated, I just got a NaNC bug that ruined the 50 hours I put into my hardcore playthrough. This mod looked very promising and I was loving it until one day, I loaded my save and everything in my freezers - all the meat, vegetables, meals, pemmicans spoiled and became inedible. All the human corpses and animal corpses Ive been storing in my freezers all turned to bone / dessicated. My colonists ALL refused to go to sleep in their rooms and all slept on the floor. I don't know why. Sadly I live in a tundra biome for that save, it was the middle of winter, so my colonists had nothing to eat and everything went to shit and we all died. Thanks to this mod.

Its great, but currently I can't recommend it. The bugs are GAME BREAKING.
You have been warned.

faltonico

Quote from: katherineironfist on March 07, 2017, 04:23:25 PM
WARNING!

As others above me have stated, I just got a NaNC bug that ruined the 50 hours I put into my hardcore playthrough. ....

Now you know why playing hardcore with mods is something you shouldn't do.

katherineironfist

I have countless other Rimworld mods over 30+ and none of them have given me any problems. Its as simple as checking for incompatibility and everything should work fine.

this is the first mod that Ive seen that has obvious bugs in it.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: katherineironfist on March 07, 2017, 04:23:25 PM
WARNING!

As others above me have stated, I just got a NaNC bug that ruined the 50 hours I put into my hardcore playthrough. This mod looked very promising and I was loving it until one day, I loaded my save and everything in my freezers - all the meat, vegetables, meals, pemmicans spoiled and became inedible. All the human corpses and animal corpses Ive been storing in my freezers all turned to bone / dessicated. My colonists ALL refused to go to sleep in their rooms and all slept on the floor. I don't know why. Sadly I live in a tundra biome for that save, it was the middle of winter, so my colonists had nothing to eat and everything went to shit and we all died. Thanks to this mod.

Its great, but currently I can't recommend it. The bugs are GAME BREAKING.
You have been warned.

You read there where updates to the flow and how the piping works right? I've been using this mod throughout many different alphas and playthroughs and never once have I had a major bug. It sounds more to me like you couldn't maintain a stable temp in your freezer thus causing everything to heat up and spoil before you noticed.
Life is Strange

ChairmanPoo

Eehhh. No. The NaNC temperature bug is very real. Many of us have encountered it. Just check this thread's posts.

I do still recomend the mod, but I advise not using ductwork proper at the moment, and sticking with vents. Right now it's too  buggy.

faltonico

Quote from: katherineironfist on March 07, 2017, 05:01:49 PM
I have countless other Rimworld mods over 30+ and none of them have given me any problems. Its as simple as checking for incompatibility and everything should work fine.

this is the first mod that Ive seen that has obvious bugs in it.
The fact that you haven't encountered any other problem with your other mods doesn't mean nothing can go wrong, take your situation as an example.

Takel

Personally, until the ducts get more reliable and intuitive in how they perform I'm mainly sticking to the medium wall heaters and vents. Trying to centralise heating/cooling at the moment seems like a massive investment in complexity and resources for very few immediate returns due to the poor returns in power savings and the overhead in extending the duct network

Ruisuki

Quote from: Takel on March 07, 2017, 09:53:39 PM
Personally, until the ducts get more reliable and intuitive in how they perform I'm mainly sticking to the medium wall heaters and vents. Trying to centralise heating/cooling at the moment seems like a massive investment in complexity and resources for very few immediate returns due to the poor returns in power savings and the overhead in extending the duct network
Ive heard similar things said about this mod. Is there any plans to improve the work to reward ratio?

aEverr

I wish I knew how to read C# code.
Teach me senpai!

aEverr

Okay, so after a lot bit of digging through stuff i found this:
https://github.com/Morgloz/RimWorld-RedistHeat/pull/6
A quickfix to the NaN Celsius-degrees problem, by yamabuki.

The recompiled dll (Paste into ./[Rimworld install folder]/mods/RedistHeat/assemblies)
https://github.com/yamabuki/RimWorld-RedistHeat/releases/tag/v46a-nanc
I wish I knew how to read C# code.
Teach me senpai!