[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

@Man_Jones
You need to edit the save file for the mod to work on an existing save game:

Quote from: joaonunes on February 11, 2017, 06:05:47 AM
Quote from: faltonico on February 10, 2017, 05:21:41 PM
Is there anything I can do for the ductwork to work on existing save games?

Yes, there should be. A while back I found out what was missing for the ducts to work. You basically need two things:
- Before installing the mod remove all temperature related buildings;
- After installing the mod look for this string in the save file:

<components>
<li Class="RedistHeat.AirNetTicker" />
</components>
<cameraMap>
</cameraMap>

This string must be in the components list in your save, if it's not you can manually add it, just copy the line above and paste it at the end of the "components" list

Man_Jones

Thanks fault I'll go about doing that almost as soon as I am done with work.
EDIT: Actually should I attempt to remove all the duct work I placed before I do that or does it matter?

faltonico

Quote from: Man_Jones on April 12, 2017, 10:09:01 AM
Thanks fault I'll go about doing that almost as soon as I am done with work.
EDIT: Actually should I attempt to remove all the duct work I placed before I do that or does it matter?
Not sure,
Test it and tell me how it goes ;)

Man_Jones

Okay it works and removal of placed duct work is not required.

Edit:Okay but now I got an issue where sometimes when I load a save any areas that are heated by ducts get NaNF instead of a temperature which usually starts fires. What does this mean. Also possibly unrelated but during this issue there seems to be a 100% food sickness rate.

Canute

I hope you got a safegame before these NaNC temperature thing abppear.
You can try to fix it, read a few pages before there are some posting about it. the ".dll" someone mention didn't helped me, and overall i didn't managed it to fix the temp. on my latest colony and went back to an older save.

Ruisuki

maybe the OP will update the mod by A17, it seems to add a lot of hype features so maybe enough to catch his attention.

Man_Jones

The nanf  thing seems to be random.

Karen2

Either the duct system is broken or I am missing some nuance.  Here is simple test I made to cool 10x24 room:  http://imgur.com/a/3B55c

Canute

The duct system itself works.
But the cooler/heater feature to push into the network is broken, they don't generate any flow, and no flow no or very less effect.

You need to let the cooler/heater work at the room only.

Karen2

If we aren't connecting industrial coolers to the network, than why use them at all? We are just creating single points of failure for mortar attacks, Zzzt events etc.

And I still can't make the duct systems work for me: http://imgur.com/a/kI3hS  . At best it can be said to be marginally better than using vents.  Why not just use the resources need for a duct network into a couple more power generators and use regular coolers everywhere?

Karen2

How multipurpose coolers don't have heat exhaust, how do they work?  And how do they compare to medium ones? (is there anyway I can check the last one in the files?)

deathstar

I know it's been a while since the last post, but I'd like to go on record and say that I'd love to see RedistHeat come to Alpha 17.

wreckcelsior

I started a new colony to test and there's "Flow:0".... I have noticed other comments about flow issue; Morgloz are you planning to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this flow issue?

Just curious...

cheers.

Rootkr

Quote from: wreckcelsior on May 27, 2017, 02:57:04 PM
I started a new colony to test and there's "Flow:0".... I have noticed other comments about flow issue; Morgloz are you planning to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this flow issue?

Just curious...

cheers.

Technically this is not an issue as the industrial cooler/ heaters do not generate flow. You need to have at least 1 intake duct for every 4 output ducts. Your home HVAC system works similarly having at least one intake, otherwise there would be no air to be forced out of the vents. Hope this helps.

Morgloz

Sorry for the sudden disappearance, I'm finishing the exam period. I will start working with the mod soon.
My mods:
RedistHeat