[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: copious on July 22, 2017, 07:21:31 PM
I think im relatively intelligent.
That video is cancerous.
A simple picture of someones base showing its implementation would suffice.

There's probably a reason no simple pictures of a base showing it's implementation have been produced.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

copious

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 22, 2017, 07:29:31 PM

That video is cancerous.

There's probably a reason no simple pictures of a base showing it's implementation have been produced.

This is an astute observation.  :o

abracadabra

I have a problem.
I have two colonies. When I switch camera to one of them, coolers in other are not working. Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

copious

Quote from: abracadabra on July 23, 2017, 12:59:15 PM
I have a problem.
I have two colonies. When I switch camera to one of them, coolers in other are not working. Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

Show some pics bro

abracadabra

I built a freezer with indusrial cooler and it works fine, keeping temperature at ~ -30 C:

Then I moved camera to my other colony:

While I don't look at first colony, industrial cooler there does not work so freezer warms up:

I tried it on other coolers, only industrial cooler has this bug.

copious

I believe you need to give the system "flow" with vents. However I haven't been able to do that properly. If anyone finds a picture of someones base that is effectively using this mod, please share.

also your target temperature is not your actual temperature. Put the mouse over the freezer and you will see on the bottom right that your temps are probably not anywhere near -30.

abracadabra

Quote from: copious on July 24, 2017, 06:57:50 PM
I believe you need to give the system "flow" with vents. However I haven't been able to do that properly. If anyone finds a picture of someones base that is effectively using this mod, please share.

also your target temperature is not your actual temperature. Put the mouse over the freezer and you will see on the bottom right that your temps are probably not anywhere near -30.
You didn't understood, it works fine while I look at map that contains it. When I do not watch it, it does not work.

That were screenshots from testing world. In main playing world I have this construction:

One cooler cools air in special room, intakes take it to network, network is cooled by second cooler and then cooled air is going to freezer.

And this also does work only when you are on the same map with it. When you switch map, industrial cooler does not work:

copious

I did understand. I will test your implementation. The fact that it turns off when you switch map should be an incompatibility issue or a problem with the mod. My guess is only the creator can help on that one.

moonra

I'm trying to heat my base with industrial heaters built on the hallways but for some reason they don't seem to want to put the hallway at 21ºC, but if I close the area the heaters are in and put a few active vents pushing air to the hallway then they have no issues keeping it at 21ºC.

Anvil_Pants

abracadabra's use of industrial cooler is normal, and you can see that by the blue output and room outlines on the selected cooler in the screenshot. Redist coolers work as both normal and duct coolers. Only the so named "duct cooler" is made for only attaching to ducts. The others output into rooms and also attach to ducts.

It looks to me like what it looks to abracadabra. That cooler isn't being calculated when its map is in the background. I'll bet on that being because the industrial cooler is mod-only code and the code predates world map and multiple colonies.

Quote from: copious on July 23, 2017, 12:59:23 AM
Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 22, 2017, 07:29:31 PM
That video is cancerous.

This is an astute observation.  :o

The reason is you haven't done it, and neither have we.

Anvil_Pants

Quote from: moonra on July 26, 2017, 02:27:09 AM
I'm trying to heat my base with industrial heaters built on the hallways but for some reason they don't seem to want to put the hallway at 21ºC, but if I close the area the heaters are in and put a few active vents pushing air to the hallway then they have no issues keeping it at 21ºC.

Reason is industrial heater is coded differently than the rest. It uses hysteresis so that the heater turns on briefly, waits for temperature to reach goal, then turns off and waits for temperature to fall some degrees below goal, then turns on again. This is both a power saving and a simulation choice by the author.

Likely reason for vents being more stable is that the duct network is a closed system and its temperature is less variable. The vents are not coded to simulate fluctuating temperature. Could be mistaken, but I don't think that Redist is using air input to account for the work needed to heat/cool the air taken into the unit. It doesn't have an air intake building. I think it's working like vanilla heater and coolers do, where only the rooms matter.

Therefore, the duct network is essentially a closed room, in how its internal temperature behaves.

moonra

I'm not using ducts, though, I was using them before but was getting error reports on the log [which I reported a few posts back, you can check it if you want, not gonna paste it here to not make the post unnecessarily long] when I used intakes. I set up the heaters in a small, 3x5 I think, room with 5 active vents pushing air to the "room" next to it which is actually the hallways as well since I removed the door to the room. Images say more than words, right? Easier to show than tell.

Here's the setup I'm using that works:
Heaters are turned off right now 'cause it's early Fall in a Temperate Forest, but in Winter I can heat the entire base with only one heater on.

But if I leave it like this:
then it just doesn't work, the heaters only go full power for a split second every few seconds and the temperature keeps fluctuating between 18 and 19ºC on the hallway itself, which that area is part of with the walls down. I created a Cold Snap to simulate Winter, btw, it's -6ºC outside at 7AM.

Edit: Holy crap, imgur compression if you don't upload pics to an account is AGGRESSIVE.

Apo

Hi I found another bug. When I have a room with a embrasure it doesn't recognise it as a closed room so it can't cool it properly. It apply both  to vent and duct intake and outlets.

Canute

Because most embrasure didn't even close the room (from the temperature point) even when you can't walk over them the air can flow nearly freely out/in.

You will  have problems to heat/cool with regular air-condition system with embrasure at the walls, this has nothing to do with this mod.

Apo

Thanks for the replay, my bad. So I have to re think my strategy of defending ;)