[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgloz

The mod is updated! Sorry for the delay and the lack of information, sometimes life gets in the way
My mods:
RedistHeat

Mst

Quote from: Morgloz on January 12, 2018, 05:00:29 PM
The mod is updated! Sorry for the delay and the lack of information, sometimes life gets in the way
Awesome! Loved the artwork last time I played.
I really hope it will work on my existing colony. Is it possible to move from other temperature mod to RedistHeat considering it was only activated but no object have ever been built? Of course I will deconstruct every vanilla cooler/heater I have at the moment as it is said in the first post.
By the way, can the pipes be hidden under the floor?

Morgloz

Quote from: Mst on January 12, 2018, 05:28:26 PM
I really hope it will work on my existing colony. Is it possible to move from other temperature mod to RedistHeat considering it was only activated but no object have ever been built? Of course I will deconstruct every vanilla cooler/heater I have at the moment as it is said in the first post.
Probably not, even moving from a save without other temperature mods(I still can't figure why). But if you make a backup of the save it doesn't hurt to try.

By the way, can the pipes be hidden under the floor?
Not for now, but is in the list of improvements
My mods:
RedistHeat

Harry_Dicks

Kirby23590

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Mst

Quote from: Morgloz on January 12, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
Probably not, even moving from a save without other temperature mods(I still can't figure why). But if you make a backup of the save it doesn't hurt to try.

That's some bad news. Sure I will try the next time I play but perhaps there is a way with some manual work to improve my chances? I remember back in a16 I added it with no problem.

Upd.
Well I got a chance to test it. I added RedistHeat to my save after I disabled CCC and deconstructed every vanilla cooler/heater. Everything seems to be working fine. I can't be sure how true it is to the author's intended result but there are no error messages and objects seems to be doing what they are supposed to (heaters heat, coolers cool, ducts push and pull).

The only thing is now my debug log is filled with such messages:
RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 24 pushers 4 pullers 16 force 1 result 50.34642
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

They are white so I guess it's not an error but the message pops every tick or so.

So the main question is: am I ok to continue using RedistHeat or this message is a bad sign?

sidfu

Quote from: Mst on January 13, 2018, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: Morgloz on January 12, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

That's some bad news. Sure I will try the next time I play but perhaps there is a way with some manual work to improve my chances? I remember back in a16 I added it with no problem.

Upd.
Well I got a chance to test it. I added RedistHeat to my save after I disabled CCC and deconstructed every vanilla cooler/heater. Everything seems to be working fine. I can't be sure how true it is to the author's intended result but there are no error messages and objects seems to be doing what they are supposed to (heaters heat, coolers cool, ducts push and pull).

The only thing is now my debug log is filled with such messages:
RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 24 pushers 4 pullers 16 force 1 result 50.34642
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

They are white so I guess it's not an error but the message pops every tick or so.

So the main question is: am I ok to continue using RedistHeat or this message is a bad sign?

u can use thats jusst the debug left enabled by mod author. he probaly do a quick update to disable

Mst

Morgloz

I changed the code to allow the exhaust ports to be placed sideways to the cooler instead of just back-to-back be sure to update your mod to enjoy the benefits!
My mods:
RedistHeat

Minnigin

Quote from: Morgloz on February 03, 2018, 05:03:57 PM
I changed the code to allow the exhaust ports to be placed sideways to the cooler instead of just back-to-back be sure to update your mod to enjoy the benefits!

Thank you

Morgloz

My mods:
RedistHeat

Daros

Is the network property of the mod working properly? For the life of me, I can't figure out how to set the Industrial heater to actually use the Network property properly.

I have the Industrial Heater in it's own little room adjecent to a guest bedroom. Like this: https://imgur.com/a/Io9K3
The heater is set to use NETWORK, target temperature is +200 c. I have pipes going to the adjecent bedroom. I have tried every possible combination I can think of with the intake and outlet ducts, yet as long as the Heater is set to use Network, no temperature changes happen, at all. That is, intake duct in the heater room, outlet duct in the bedroom = no change in tempeature. Other way around, = no change in temperature. Both ducts in both room, = no change in temperature...

Of course, if the Industrial heater is set to heat up it's own room, that works and I can then use vents to direct the heat to the bedroom, but I want to heat up just the bedroom only. So How does this actually work?

Is this something the mod just cannot do? Or am I using the network wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm not native english speaker, but I cannot help but think that the description on the ducts is the wrong way around? Assuming outlet duct means that it pushes air from the network into the target room, the wording for pulls air from the network sounds counter-intuitive. Same for the intake duct; to me it would make more sense for it to pull air from the target room into the network...

Canute

QuoteIs the network property of the mod working properly?
It wasn't working for me at previous versions. And i used cooler/heater just with the room function.

I remember someone mention that we did some mistake with the setup, but i can't find that posting anymore.

henk

Is the industrial heater works properly in b18?  In my game all my industrial heaters stuck on "current power use: low" despite the target temperature being way higher than the room temperature..

Quote from: Daros on February 22, 2018, 10:42:34 AM
Is the network property of the mod working properly?

I could never make it work in the previous version in my megabase, only the room function worked well. Simply build a dedicated room with coolers and intake outlets, then drag your network to where its needed and add outlet.

1. Don't forget to adjust the cooler temp, and add more coolers and exhaust ports if they can't deliver (important for freezers during a heat wave, better keep one on standby then have everything spoil)

2. Don't forget to check the push pull values, or just make sure you have enough intake outlets for your base.

Here is how my setup looks like: https://imgur.com/a/5mHrb