[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimsurgent

With Smooth Stone Walls, you can't smooth walls that have air vents in them

Harry_Dicks

Is this mod supposed to have a bunch of log spam when running? I get 2-3 these a second it seems like, and I really don't like it as this is pretty much non-stop pointless log spam. Can I turn this off, or is this not normal? For reference I'll also post the only things I've built from the mod.

Kassidoo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 12, 2018, 04:46:36 PM
Is this mod supposed to have a bunch of log spam when running? I get 2-3 these a second it seems like, and I really don't like it as this is pretty much non-stop pointless log spam. Can I turn this off, or is this not normal? For reference I'll also post the only things I've built from the mod.

I reported this a week ago I think, and I was under the impresion that the author released a new version without the debugging? Do you have the lastest steam release?

Harry_Dicks

I don't use anything from Steam. I'll have to see if I can find an updated version. Is that what you were able to do, and this resolved the issue for you? Also, thank you! :)

Harry_Dicks

I've got my 5 multipurpose coolers set to a target temperature of -2F, and the room that the (2)intakes are in is at 87F (by being separately cooled by 2 small coolers in the wall), however they are only able to get my walk in freezer down to 47F. I have only 2 intakes in the dining room, and the 3 exhausts into the cooler. Am I not doing something correctly? I have power going to everything, and it's been enough time for everything to be stabilized, but what's going on? Are these multipurpose coolers really that weak that 5 of them can't get a freezer this size down below the high 40sF?

EDIT: Adding a 3rd intake in the dining room has now increased the temperature in the freezer to the mid 50sF...

Also, my dining room is the same exact temperature as outside, despite having 2 small coolers set to 50F. 93F inside the dining room and outside as well..

EDIT2: Further testing, and reading about intakes vs outlets: if I swapped it around to only 1 intake and 4 outlets, my walk in freezer is working perfect now. Guess I just had too many intakes that it was over saturating the network with too much air that it couldn't cool down properly. Anyway, glad to have the mod working like I wanted it to now. I liked the other central climate control mod, but RedistHeat looks to be just a little bit more expansive, and is more of my particular flavor.

Thanks again for all of your hard work, OP! :)

outcast14

Great mod! I have these errors with B18 version. Pls help me fix it. Thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

I suggest NOT to download the master, and use the latest link under release.
Mosttime the master don't contain nessesary compiled files (assemblies folder).

outcast14

Quote from: Canute on March 21, 2018, 11:03:13 AM
I suggest NOT to download the master, and use the latest link under release.
Mosttime the master don't contain nessesary compiled files (assemblies folder).
Thanks for the quick reply, it's working now without errors. I'll always keep in mind not to use mod's master. Thanks!

Renousim

I'm having issues with temperatures within rooms jumping between 3C to 19C to 23C to 31C. This is my first time ever using the mod and I've had nonstop issues with it where I cant figure out how to fix it. I'll post a picture of my system if needed.

randy

Quote from: Renousim on April 01, 2018, 12:10:33 AM
I'm having issues with temperatures within rooms jumping between 3C to 19C to 23C to 31C. This is my first time ever using the mod and I've had nonstop issues with it where I cant figure out how to fix it. I'll post a picture of my system if needed.
im getting that but its the outside temp going crazy

randy

i think i have found out the temperature bug has something to do with ducts the flow and output vents and im getting debug log spam which seems to be at the same time as the temp fluctuations

RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 482 pushers 16 pullers 16 force 4 result 29.42971
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

ψonic

If you got multiple colonies on same planet ductworking totally refuses to work in any colonies exept first main colony.
1st pic - random ductwork configuration in main colony, works fine
2nd pic - functionally same configuration in second colony, does not works
3rd pic - ducting from 2nd pic after saving and loading game, looks ok but still not functioning
This bug appears even if RedistHeat is only used mod. Debug log stays quiet

[attachment deleted due to age]

Morgloz

Now that I'm going to have some free time, I'm going to try to rewrite all the code for the ductwork, and I will try to make it compatible with multiple colonies :)

I'm thinking of restricting intake placing to outside only, it will make a lot of the code easier, and it will probably reduce overall confusion
My mods:
RedistHeat

Canute

You should delay it for the final RW release. Sure noone know a release date, but then you could enjoy your current summer free time, and coding at the winter.

About the intake only outdoors, basicly a bad idea.
Your mod was the only mod which could transport the temp. from one room to another. Sure currently it isn't working well, since you overpower the intakes, but these feature i liked very much at Redist heat.
Like when you want to exploid geysir's and transport their heat into your colony.
But when you restrice intakes to outdoor only, you can remove then completly.
Any cooler/heater push the temp. into the network and some waste-heat into the room/area they are placed.

Morgloz

I was going to add another intake with less power to make normal ductwork behave like vents and leave the original for setups with the industrial heater/cooler, but I guess you're right.
My mods:
RedistHeat