[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiro

This looks really really good, better than Centralized Climate Control even. How well does it work with Bad Hygiene? Does it conflict at all?

Morgloz

Quote from: shadowstitch on November 01, 2018, 03:50:43 PM
Testing inside a cool base averaging 15c, a heater in one room will reach 21c easily. But an adjacent room connected by either a vanilla or redistheat vent will be practically unaffected, hovering around 17c. Even double walled, it doesn't remain insulated at all, and this gap only widens the colder the ambient temperature is.

Take a map with a cold ambient temp of -30c, two adjacent 5x5 rooms, double walled and connected by a vent, and only one with a heater. The heated room will struggle to maintain 19c, but the one next to it will barely approach 8c. Better than the outside temp, but still unsatisfactory. Adding two more heaters to the first room allows it to stay stable at 21c, but the room next to it still will not go above 10~12c.
I didn't notice any changes in the code regarding equalization. I'll check what can be done.
When I have no choice but to put a cooler or heater in every room to maintain a stable temperature, it defeats the entire purpose of having vents in the first place. Is there any way to tweak the effectiveness of redistheat vents, to make them more efficient in trading temps?
Not now, but I should be able to change the code to make the efectiveness tweakable
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 02, 2018, 03:07:40 AM
This looks really really good, better than Centralized Climate Control even. How well does it work with Bad Hygiene? Does it conflict at all?
I didn't hear anybody complaining about conflicts with Bad hygiene, so I guess it works well
My mods:
RedistHeat

HomoPuerRobustus

QuoteAlso, to install RH on existing colonies, you must first destroy every vent and temperature building first.

Could you explain this, please? Will this mod will break vanilla vents, heaters, and coolers?

Morgloz

My mods:
RedistHeat

Babycakes

Could someone please do a quick fix and make this mod buildable on smooth walls?

Please please pretty pleeeease!

publicuser

Add some Simplified Chinese translations which untranslated based on existing translation, by master_wu. In attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kassidoo

Hi, it seems the balancing of the heaters of this mod is off, I have 2 industrial heaters and somehow they are able to heat a massive base on ice sheet;
https://imgur.com/ad6d00e7-6f73-4f7c-b5ae-4f5aba90b42a

2 industrial heaters with 2 intakes (so total airflow of 32) and 35 outlets (I thought it was 4 airflow per outlet?) is somehow able heat all this to comfortable temperature even when outside temperature is -94*C

zmadz

i noticed today that it spams the log so much that it kills fps of a playable game :(

Asero

Quote from: zmadz on November 13, 2018, 02:52:57 PM
i noticed today that it spams the log so much that it kills fps of a playable game :(

Same problem here, though it luckily doesn't seem to affect the framerate on my end. It's pretty annoying though since it makes the log useless to track potential problems with other mods during gameplay or testing.

Edit: Seems if you have Debug mode enabled, you get your log spammed up with this nonsense. Also I just found out that this mod uses // Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.6864.30442 instead of // Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.6864.30166 (Stable version)

Either way, I'm moving on to something else.

Anexgohan

I'm getting this errors in yellow colour
"
Multiple nets on the same cell (169, 0, 130). This is probably a result of an earlier error.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PowerNetGrid:Notify_PowerNetDeleted(PowerNet)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:DeletePowerNet(PowerNet)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:TryDestroyNetAt(IntVec3)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:UpdatePowerNetsAndConnections_First()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

"
&
"

Two power nets on the same cell (169, 130). First transmitters: Power switch and Power switch.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PowerNetGrid:Notify_PowerNetCreated(PowerNet)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:RegisterPowerNet(PowerNet)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:TryCreateNetAt(IntVec3)
RimWorld.PowerNetManager:UpdatePowerNetsAndConnections_First()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

"

Also my Debug Log is filled with this message in white colour

"
RedistHeat: Equalize pushers 32 pullers 32

RedistHeat: Intake net result temp: -22.38774 with diff: 318 force: 16 temp: 16.59494 count: 334

RedistHeat: Intake room result temp: 16.59212

RedistHeat: Outlet force: 4 with pullers: 32 and pushers: 32

RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 218 pushers 32 pullers 32 force 4 result 17.37583

RedistHeat: Outlet result temp: 17.37583 with diff: 214 force: 4 temp: -22.38774 count: 218

"

Any idea what's going on.

NoCanDo

How do I turn off the logging? My log is being spammed with https://git.io/fprUn

Kirby23590

For some reason the ductworks pipes graphics are bugged in my game...

I can build them but they are invisible in my game like i can't even see where the ductpipes are when they are built... Which can make it hard to look where the piping is... I hope there is a quick fix for these since this was my favorite cooling and heating mod for my freezers... :(

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Soraphis

can we enable the issues on the github project?

from what i posted on the steam workshop side:

• got two small coolers to cool a 18 tile room. they fail to cool it down to -1°C -> power consumption "low" (they are connecting to the outside, outside temperature is -5°C)

• i've got multiple rooms with medium heaters that warm a room to 21°C and vents for neighboring rooms. the neighboring rooms are at 16°C the rooms are so small the heater can easily heat both to 21
    related to [this post]

• the ductwork network seems to be broken on a second colony

• theres also a visual glitch, that the ductwork pipes don't connect to each other - loading the game fixes thsi visual issue

When I have no choice but to put a cooler or heater in every room to maintain a stable temperature, it defeats the entire purpose of having vents in the first place. Is there any way to tweak the effectiveness of redistheat vents, to make them more efficient in trading temps?

the equilization rate is sadly hardcoded: https://github.com/Morgloz/RimWorld-RedistHeat/blob/master/RedistHeat/Building/Building_Vents/Building_Vent.cs#L10

from my understanding this is the "problem".

i calculated 2 rooms 5x5, the first one staying constant at 21°C the second one is at 0°C and losing every tick 1% of its temperatur (due to not optimal insulation).

• with an EqualizationRate of 0.0672 (like hard coded) the room will reach 16.3°C not higher.
  • with an EqualizationRate of 0.1672 (like hard coded) the room will reach 18.9°C not higher.
  • with an EqualizationRate of 0.2672 (like hard coded) the room will reach 19.7°C not higher.
  • with an EqualizationRate of 0.3672 (like hard coded) the room will reach 20.1°C not higher.
  • with an EqualizationRate of 1.5672 (like hard coded) the room will reach 20.9°C not higher.

note that this is only a calculation based on the code, but it fits with my personal experiences using this mod.

sadly Active Vents have the same EQ-Rate...

Firebirdss

Hi I am having a problem with cooling/heating rooms. I have the Industrial Heater on a network of its own and connected to intakes and outputs but even with 3 of them cranked up to 196°F they barely manage to keep any one of my rooms warm except for the freezer.

https://imgur.com/RKK9ZFY