[B18] Nackblad Inc Rimhair (2.2 - Nov 20) Updated to Beta 18

Started by nackblad, July 19, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nackblad

Quote from: pickbullmister on August 13, 2017, 02:11:00 AM
Those hairs are really sweet, pixel perfect! The more physical variety among pawns, the better.
Keep up the good work!

PS: I love what you did with the Daria cast, could you maybe add the adults aswell? (Jake and Helen, Ms Li, Mr O'Neill, Mr DeMartino, Ms Barch? you also forgot Brittany and Kevin that seems like missed opportunities :)

When I first made the mod it was only 6 hairstyles for each gender, so I picked my favourites. I could certainly go back and add in some more but it wont be for a while.

nackblad

Updated to Beta 18 and some other things. Read the first post before updating.

xlNightless

Syrchalis

An update for 1.0 would be nice, I really like using those hairstyles.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

nackblad

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 01, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
An update for 1.0 would be nice, I really like using those hairstyles.

I have not looked into 1.0 at all. Unless it changes the way hair works, this should still work(you'll just get a warning but that should be about it)

When 1.0 is officially released, I'll patch this.

Bones

Syrchalis

I don't get errors either, but the textures don't show up. Guess it's just renaming back->north, side->east and front->south.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Bones

Yeah, just got one error.

EDIT: Can confirm, just changed the texture names like Syrchalis said and the hair showed up. No error this time.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

tiagocc0,
just a question for you. What do you think do these button at the picture you show ?
Maybe try them out and use the results instead to do screenshot with only half of the infos.

Bones

No need to share logs, the error is right there at the screenshot, it was a minor easy fix to filenames and there was even no need to edit xml files.

If this was a complex error on a complex mod I wouldn't post a pic like this.

Canute

And what's about the "copy" button. That's copy the selected error msg. into the clipboard and you paste it here or into a [ code] frame.
Sure the screenshot show the problem in this case.

Bones

Because it would be huge, a full text of nothing. Are you a modder? I am, I've been reading this a lot, for practice I converted the apini mod from a17 to a18, I've traced the problem with the XXL mod which wasn't working in 1.0 but it was a really simple one word that needed to be updated. I've made a very simple mod in harmony to help the orassan modder because she put animals in raids and when in a siege the code would check if the animal could construct the mortar so the code I did would check for a null variable before continuing and recently I've made the colorblind minerals mod, it is quite simple but took some debugging to get the color to work on compacted machinery because it just doesn't like being colored probably because it is hard coded this way.

So I can tell you the rest of the information is not relevant, the only relevant part is the red one, the rest is telling where the error occurred, it says from function to function how it got there, sometimes it great to know and sometimes it doesn't tell anything. Most of the time the information doesn't say much about the mod in question. Right there the error is quite simple, it says change the texture of the filename, the rest of the message is irrelevant, if it was relevant the first part of it is the most important one and we can see from the screenshot it isn't in this case.

If you are willing to call people because of a screenshot then why don't you download the mod, run it, get the error, copy it and post it here.

Canute

Yes, you are right most of the additional info is useless.
I just wanted to show you another way to post the infos beside to take screenshots.
And wouldn't it be less work to use the copy button, paste it at the Reply, and maybe delete addional unneeded lines.
Then to made a screenshot, cut out the relevant pic part and attach it to the posting ?
At last you arn't someone who made serveral screenshot of his ingame modlist, and post it as serveral pictures if a modlist is requested ! :-)
Sorry if i bother you with that, keep doing your good work.

Syrchalis

With a tool it's pretty easy to bulk-rename the files. I'll probably try this with some other mods too, which probably work fine save for this part.

Bones

Quote from: Canute on July 03, 2018, 06:21:47 AMAnd wouldn't it be less work to use the copy button, paste it at the Reply, and maybe delete addional unneeded lines.

I would say that formatting a post and taking out the unneeded lines would take more time.
I have a program that take screenshots, I press one button and just pick the part of the screen I want and it already saves in a predetermined folder with a proper name of the active window with date and time.

http://getgreenshot.org/

Quote from: Syrchalis on July 03, 2018, 06:25:34 AM
With a tool it's pretty easy to bulk-rename the files. I'll probably try this with some other mods too, which probably work fine save for this part.

I used this one http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

A bit overwhelming at first because it has a lot of options.