[B18] Nackblad Inc Rimhair (2.2 - Nov 20) Updated to Beta 18

Started by nackblad, July 19, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nackblad

I quite liked Xeva's Hair and using his mod as a base, I've made my own.

Updated for Beta 18. All textures have been updated as well, and they should all look a lot better. Let me know if you feel like they don't.
Also includes two new hairstyles, Wizard and Witch. Wizard was contributed from an anonymous source and I made Witch to accompany it.

I've also added a naming prefix to all styles, and modified the tags a bit. This means that it does NOT work with previous versions of my mod. If you have an ongoing save and would like to update, there's one version with the updated textures and Beta 18 update with the old naming, but it does not include Wizard and Witch and it will not include future updates. Switch over to the new naming as soon as possible.

If you have any issues or feedback, please let me know.

It includes:
19 female hairstyles
19 male hairstyles

Download Beta 18 2.0 with the new naming(recommended)(dropbox)
Download Beta 18 2.0 with the old naming(dropbox)

OLD:
Download Alpha 17 1.2.2(dropbox)
Download Alpha 16 1.2.1(dropbox)
Download Alpha 15 1.2(dropbox)
Download Alpha 15 1.1.1(dropbox)
Download Alpha 14 1.1(dropbox)

If you want to include my mod in your modpack, go ahead.
If you want to use my art for your mod, go ahead.

nackblad

For those of you that downloaded my mod and liked it, do I have the treat for you.

Beards.

Expect a total of 6 beards in the next update. In addition to the beards, it will also have another 6 new female hairstyles. Should launch late today or tomorrow.

Goldenpotatoes

These look pretty nice. Seeing how you're also tackling the idea of facial hair with the hairstyles, may I suggest looking into getting in contact with-
Quote from: Killface on July 19, 2016, 07:27:41 PM
-snip-

Dang, beat me to it.

Anyway, very nice hair styles, always in search for more high-quality cosmetic mods to liven up the colonies.

nackblad

Quote from: Killface on July 19, 2016, 07:27:41 PM
hi nackblad, looks really cool so far.
I'm working own my own mod (see signature), which merges the beards directly to the head graphic, so they are shown when hats are worn.
You can adapt your beards to my mod and release it as an an addon. Still need a little time to get the folder paths working for steam.

Just one thing, your new hair are only for Urban and Rural. Do you plan on making some new cool hair for Punk and especially Tribal? There are very few hair available for the latter.
I was thinking about what would happen to the beards when people wore hats(I usually just ban hats anyway) and your mod seems to be the perfect solution. When I finish it up, I will most likely make a version of this that works with your mod! You might have to help me though, because apart from drawing my skillset is pretty useless.

As for the tribal and punk styles, I might change some of the tags for the current ones to include punk or tribal, but I will also work on an update that would focus entirely on just that. Figured I'd start with urban and rural since that's most likely going to be your first colonists.

nackblad

Now updated with another 12 hairstyles, including beards. Will work on support for Facial Stuff and tribal hairstyles next.

lance789

nackblad

Serenity

Oh this looks neat. Nice natural hairstyles and not outrageous

Shinzy

Naaack! the really fancy tribal hairs, when?
fiddles with a billyclub innocently

nackblad

Shinzy

Quote from: nackblad on September 08, 2016, 12:20:28 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on September 08, 2016, 12:14:12 PM
Naaack! the really fancy tribal hairs, when?
fiddles with a billyclub innocently

Soon.

Okay, good answer. Very good answer, I like you

Thirite

Any chance of releasing a version without the beards for now?

nackblad

Quote from: Thirite on September 24, 2016, 04:17:58 PM
Any chance of releasing a version without the beards for now?

I was planning on releasing a beardless version with the next batch of hair, but I cannot say when this is. Most likely soonish. I've been rather busy lately.

Thirite

Glad to hear it! I'm quite impressed by the new hair styles you have made, but the whole disappearance act of the beards would irk me during play unfortunately. I'm fiddling around with modding Rimworld so if I find a solution I'll shoot it your way.