[B18] Nackblad Inc Rimhair (2.2 - Nov 20) Updated to Beta 18

Started by nackblad, July 19, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nackblad

Quote from: Thirite on September 24, 2016, 07:21:47 PM
Glad to hear it! I'm quite impressed by the new hair styles you have made, but the whole disappearance act of the beards would irk me during play unfortunately. I'm fiddling around with modding Rimworld so if I find a solution I'll shoot it your way.

If facial stuff doesn't quite strike your fancy, I did see a mod on the Steam Workshop that simply removed the visuals for headgear. So whenever they equipped something on their heads it would still show their hairstyles. Maybe that same mod is somewhere here on the forum?

nackblad

nackblad

Thirite

By the way, if you didn't see the post I made in Spoon's Hair mod thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24500.msg296450#msg296450

I finally got around to making the functionality for beards+hats. Still WIP- will probably finish it this evening, but I outline how it'll work in case you want to prep your mod for it.

nackblad

Quote from: Thirite on January 10, 2017, 01:20:46 PM
By the way, if you didn't see the post I made in Spoon's Hair mod thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24500.msg296450#msg296450

I finally got around to making the functionality for beards+hats. Still WIP- will probably finish it this evening, but I outline how it'll work in case you want to prep your mod for it.

That's awesome. I would absolutely like to prep my mod for it!

Thirite

All right, all ready to go. I'm not making a separate mod release post for this since it depends on hair mods, so I suggest adding this link to your OP when your mod is updated to use it. Cheers
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxAUmolQ9DxLZGFfdnJyQkpoTXc

Ruisuki

Is this compatible with killface's facial stuff? I really like these hairstyles. Ive heard FS fixed the issues of beards disappearing with hats, does this also?

I know theres a mod that adds hats only on the top bar(or on the character, not sure) so you can still see the characters hair. Not sure how this plays with hair mods like this

nackblad

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2017, 09:58:01 PM
Is this compatible with killface's facial stuff? I really like these hairstyles. Ive heard FS fixed the issues of beards disappearing with hats, does this also?

I know theres a mod that adds hats only on the top bar(or on the character, not sure) so you can still see the characters hair. Not sure how this plays with hair mods like this

I believe this might already be in Killface's mod? We talked about it, but I'm not sure if he ever did it. I've also been provided a plugin that would make beards visible under hats for my mod, but I've been too busy to implement it.

As for the hats mod, it should play nice with mods like these. It would be rather strange if it did not.

Ruisuki

Quote from: nackblad on March 05, 2017, 03:38:42 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2017, 09:58:01 PM

I believe this might already be in Killface's mod? We talked about it, but I'm not sure if he ever did it. I've also been provided a plugin that would make beards visible under hats for my mod, but I've been too busy to implement it.

As for the hats mod, it should play nice with mods like these. It would be rather strange if it did not.
Killerface responded to my question on whether Spoons hair mod was compatible with Facial Stuff and he replied that it is, but all of his hair were included in Facial Stuff as his beards interfere with Spoons. So either he integrated both Spoons Hair Mod AND Rimhair or he was thinking of THIS mod and not the other. I'll run FS and see if yours was included, because it's top notch and I really want it in my game.

Edit: Spoon confirmed his mod was integrated into FS, will test this one later this week.

Also the mod I was thinking of is irrespective of the disappearing beards issue with hair mods, and simply takes hats off the top icons, keeping them on the characters themselves. For anyone interested its called, 'A world without Hat'

Thirite

Just wanted to point out this mod works perfectly fine with A17 without any changes. Updating the version info in About.xml is all that would be required for an A17 release.

nackblad

Quote from: Thirite on May 31, 2017, 02:04:13 PM
Just wanted to point out this mod works perfectly fine with A17 without any changes. Updating the version info in About.xml is all that would be required for an A17 release.

Jup. I just updated it. Had not yet because I simply forgot.

Apposl

I am curious and I apologize for the newbie question. Just if anyone has time.

I have this mod, the Rimsenal Hair mod, and Spoon... And I'm thinking about Facial Stuff.

Does anyone know which of these are compatible, or if they all are? I'd like to add the most I can that work together because I'm an addict now.

Edit: And I have no problem adding and enabling them all and will likely try. I just don't know enough as a new user/player if there is unnecessary overlap or issues or anything that might not show up in a debug menu.

Thank you and happy weekend and thank you for the mod, creator

pickbullmister

Those hairs are really sweet, pixel perfect! The more physical variety among pawns, the better.
Keep up the good work!

PS: I love what you did with the Daria cast, could you maybe add the adults aswell? (Jake and Helen, Ms Li, Mr O'Neill, Mr DeMartino, Ms Barch? you also forgot Brittany and Kevin that seems like missed opportunities :)