Traders "Dig" to Escape

Started by Cappy, July 18, 2016, 09:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cappy

As I now know, traders dig through walls to escape a trap such as walls surrounding them. However, one of the traders had frag grenades, blew up my walls, and walked out. That wast as much as a problem as another trader. This one had molotovs. Yeah, you guess it, he burned my entire base to the ground. I can only imagine if one of these had a doom launcher or the triple rocket launcher. The dig out feature is cool and all, but blowing up and burning my base to the ground is a little insane.
EDIT: As of now, the traders dug through a cryptosleep place, bringing the remainder of my colony to the ground via mechanoids.

viperwasp

Animals will also dig to get out if trapped and out of food/Starving.

However are you saying that Traders did this to you even with a clear way out? If you walled them in on purpose you deserve it? What do you expect? lol However I feel it's a BIG bug if traders are sapping or using weapons to get out if they have a clear path out already.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Cappy

As I said, the dig to escape feature is cool, but using grenades? And releasing mechanoids? That part is a little much. Especially when my base gets burned to the ground by them and then my colonists all die because they've released two scythers and a centipede. The only casualty they took was a single person that was killed by one of the grenades used to blow their way out, and in turn my base was destroyed, my colonists all killed, and the game was over.

viperwasp

Quote from: Cappy on July 18, 2016, 09:45:03 AM
As I said, the dig to escape feature is cool, but using grenades? And releasing mechanoids? That part is a little much. Especially when my base gets burned to the ground by them and then my colonists all die because they've released two scythers and a centipede. The only casualty they took was a single person that was killed by one of the grenades used to blow their way out, and in turn my base was destroyed, my colonists all killed, and the game was over.

haha wow I missed that part. About the cryosleep. That is rough but the A.I does not know any better and that was bad luck. I'm not saying your wrong but I am sadistic I love things like that. I can only hope I am that luck to experience that kind of terror! I hope it happens to me too!
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Sponge

Well if in real life if you had grenades and someone built a wall around you would your break the wall down with your bear hands or use the grenades because there faster and for revenge?

Goldenpotatoes

I mean you probably shouldn't try trapping them if you don't want them to make their own means of an exit. The fact they managed to blow open a crypt full of mechanoids is just the hilarious cherry on top.

Now you can look back on that experience and next time if you feel the need to sabotage a trade caravan, just remember what happened last time and decide if its really worth it.

BugPowderDust

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on July 19, 2016, 03:23:44 PM
I mean you probably shouldn't try trapping them if you don't want them to make their own means of an exit. The fact they managed to blow open a crypt full of mechanoids is just the hilarious cherry on top.

This. If you don't like the consequences, don't do it!

Kashipoi

If you're trying to trap someone, obviously so they starve and you get their goods for free I think this is working as intended.