[A14] A Dog Said... (Core-friendly animal surgery)

Started by Nattiejim, July 19, 2016, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nattiejim

ADogSaid
Perform surgery on colony animals

Information:

The mod adds the following to the game for use on animals:
   - Animal brain stimulator. Fits all animals.
   - Bionic animal heart. Fits all animals.
   - Bionic animal lung. Fits all animals.
   - Bionic animal eyes. Fits all animals.
   - Simple/bionic animal ears. Fits all animals.
   - Simple/bionic animal jaw. Fits all animals.
   - Simple/bionic animal spine. Fits all animals.
   - Simple prosthetic/bionic animal arms. Fits monkeys and megatheriums.
   - Simple prosthetic animal/bionics legs. Fits all animals.
   - Peglegs. Can be crafted with 1 wood. Fits all animals. Least efficiency.

Note that this is only being picked up by me. Latta was the original developer of the mod.

Caution! This update may not be compatible with previous updates - remove or destroy any old animal prosthetics you had prior to the update!
Dropbox Link
Github Link
Steam Link
ReadMe
Thank you Kaptain_Kavern and Spoonshortage for helping to update the mod!

Please kindly write back on the thread if you experience any issues.

This thread has been discontinued. Please see the active thread here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24578.0
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Dafuno

I literally saw your post about taking over her mod a few minutes ago, and now I am greeted with such deliciousness, I will amuse myself with this, thank you.

Slye_Fox

Fact

link in your post doesn't work gives a 404 error

Nattiejim

Quote from: Fact on July 19, 2016, 08:13:01 PM
link in your post doesn't work gives a 404 error
Fixed.
Quote from: Slye_Fox on July 19, 2016, 08:09:25 PM
Will you be adding to the Steam Workshop?
Once I work out a few bugs, it's very possible.

witchyspoon

you still forgot the cat in a few places, bionic eyes for example and bionic legs also I dont see the emu or snowhare or turkey..

aaand it still throws errors

do you want me to send you my files where there is no errors, maybe look it over and see if you can solve the problem with ostriches cassowarys etc not working?

Nattiejim

Quote from: spoonshortage on July 19, 2016, 08:19:32 PM
you still forgot the cat in a few places, bionic eyes for example and bionic legs also I dont see the emu or snowhare or turkey..

aaand it still throws errors

do you want me to send you my files where there is no errors, maybe look it over and see if you can solve the problem with ostriches cassowarys etc not working?
Please do. In the meantime, I've added most likely all the new animals to the mod. However, a look at your files certainly would be nice. Thank you all for your patience.

witchyspoon

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d1bha1fhsr9rw7l/AAD_kJQ88FWjLjcR2XR3rNB9a?dl=0

there you go..I added all the animals plus fixed the bird beak thing, and also the category (bodypartsandimplants doesn't work anymore) so there are no errors anymore also the trader bring the stuff..BUT some new animals still only show "euthanize" like ostrich cassowary megatherium. The remove bodypart works (cataracts) but e.g. add bionic eyes which should work for any animal, regardless the size, does not show up. Although caribou or lynx show up and they are new too..so i'm stumped I don't know what else could be the issue.

kaptain_kavern

Hi guys

I just update DEsurgeries to A14. I was willing to do this one at least for myself.

I will look at it and try to help ;)

witchyspoon

so I don't know if this helps or not, but ostrich, cassowary, turkey and emu seem to be under <ThingDef ParentName="BigBirdThingBase"> which is new, and megatherium seems to have <body>Human</body> not quadruped or anything. those are the animals that don't work right now. I don't know much about code though so i don't know what to do with that info... :-\

kaptain_kavern

I'm at the point where the mod start and no bugs at all. (like your screenshots :p )

Now i will try to apply to new animals.
I wasn't know where you guys were so i started over from Latta's A13 version ;)

Now it's just a matter of copying all animals in RaceDefs and add the operation under them.

I'll try and come back to you

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
I'm at the point where the mod start and no bugs at all. (like your screenshots :p )

yeah we are at that point too, at least in my files I posted a dropbox link above you can look into it if you like, but like I said the big birds and the megatherium are not working with my files...:(

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 09:38:02 PM

Now it's just a matter of copying all animals in RaceDefs and add the operation under them.

I'll try and come back to you
Thank you for helping us out! Do you mind if we post your version on this thread?

kaptain_kavern

As i have updated DESurgeries i saw that now the system has changed.

It's in the DefsRaces that you specify which recipes (in that case surgeries  ;) )  under each race defs.

Now i'm wondering if i should try to put the most of them in the AnimalThingBase in order to not have to add each recipe under each animals :p