Ascetic and raw food

Started by cultist, July 19, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cultist

So I noticed my ascetic pawn kept grabbing and eating raw food (rice and potatoes) instead of meals. I figured it was just the usual bug, but then I noticed he was not getting a mood debuff (which he should, because it was rice and potatoes, not corn or berries).
Is this intentional? The trait description does not mention this, and I don't recall it working that way before. Or any mention of it in patch notes. It kind of makes sense, but it also wastes food...

b0rsuk

It makes sense for it to work this way. Interesting. Otherwise the trait is pointless and too easy to satisfy, unless the ascetic shares bed with another person.

Andy_Dandy

It's not only the ascetic one. All pawns seem to just grab the closest food now, even if raw. Must be fixed.

cultist

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 20, 2016, 07:07:06 AM
It's not only the ascetic one. All pawns seem to just grab the closest food now, even if raw. Must be fixed.

Quote from: cultist on July 19, 2016, 08:36:05 PM
I figured it was just the usual bug, but then I noticed he was not getting a mood debuff

That's the interesting part right here. Ascetics seem to treat raw food as a simple meal (no nood effect) which is news to me.

BlackSmokeDMax

Found this is the changelog:

"Food scoring algorithm heavily reworked. It now avoids foods that will cause negative thoughts and prefer foods that will cause positive thoughts. Ascetics now don’t have thoughts in response to food quality."

It also explains why some of my other pawns were skipping simple meals and eating berries. My simple meals were cooked with insect meat, which was giving a negative moodlet. So the little buggers actually had something right!