[B18]-Efficient Light-Simple Power Reduction-11.18.17

Started by Rimfire, July 19, 2016, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdAm29ZFlngczvqD

FYI, only logged in users can see and download attachments.

maded

Steam broke my mods... Could you please re-up the A16 version?

ErrorUnknown

yea need a non steam link for a16 please good sir! *tips hat*

galvez_1987

Multistream

Does not work for me. Mod is the lastest mod in loading order. No errors in log console at all. When i run the game, log console says "loaded savegame, Efficient Light injected", something like this. But lamp uses 75W

RevanReborn

uhh, so is the mod really deleted by a moderator for good or is just for unregistered/newbies?

Canute

No got deleted. That happen to serveral mod releases now.
I think the forum got a new server-admin and though he need to get some free space. :-(

tonsrd

its happen to a few mods that are 2-4 months old I thought it was an auto timed delete thing ?

TheWrongColonist

Taking into account that the mods are so small it's kinda strange and annoying...

Liquidhalo231

FYI:
For everyone who wants the direct download of this mod, I'm here to offer an easy alternative.

• Navigate to your Rimworld Mods folder
  • Open the "Core" folder
  • Open up \Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Funtature.xml in your favourite editor (I use Notpad++ but Notepad should work nicely)
  • Find this string of text (Ctrl+F and find <basePowerConsumption>)
  • Edit <basePowerConsumption>75</basePowerConsumption> to the power value you'd like it to consume.
  • Save, Restart your game if it's running and enjoy.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Liquidhalo231 on October 02, 2017, 02:40:38 PM
FYI:
For everyone who wants the direct download of this mod, I'm here to offer an easy alternative.

WOOOOAAAH ! .. hold your horses young cowboy.

While the intent of your suggestion is good.

Do. Not. Change. Core. Files. Ever.

Creating a mod with the same effect is childsplay.

Create a folder for your Mod.
Create a subfolder "About"
Copy the About.xml from the Core files.
Create a subfolder called "Defs"
Create a subfolder to defs equal to the folder which contains the Core-XML File you want to change.
Copy the Core XML File you want.

Now change the XML Files with the texteditor of your choice how the guy above described.

With this done, not only did you NOT FUBAR the Core files of Rimworld which NOBODY COULD HELP YOU FIX IT, except for a reinstallation.

You also created your very own mod.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Liquidhalo231

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 02, 2017, 04:12:35 PM
With this done, not only did you NOT FUBAR the Core files of Rimworld which NOBODY COULD HELP YOU FIX IT, except for a reinstallation.

You also created your very own mod.

Hey, thanks a ton, I've never done anything modding-wise on Rimworld so this was a first.

I have a few small questions about modding, would I be okay to send you a PM to ask as not to go off-topic on this thread?

justapawn_

Quote from: Rimfire on July 19, 2016, 09:53:50 PM
[A17]-Efficient Light-5.24.17

Description:
Lowers power consumption of standing lamp from 75 to 25.

Issues
If you have any feedback, please share it. This is a relatively simple mod that doesn't seem to have any compatibility issues, and does what it says on the tin, but please let me know if you have any problems or solutions.

Author/Mod Team
I made this. It is not much, so use it freely in any capacity. My name is Rimfire, no relation.

Download
Download the attachment on this post.
OR
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727862986

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

E: Updated for A15.
E2: Updated for A16.
E3: Updated for A17.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

So how do I download this if the attachment was deleted by an admin ???

Rimfire

I re-uploaded the attachment. Thanks for the PMs letting me know. I don't check these forums often anymore, but I do get email notifications of PMs, so that's the best way to let me know if something like this needs fixing.