[A14c] Weapon accuracy not improving with quality

Started by MasterD1085, July 19, 2016, 10:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterD1085

Ok read further to understand a bit.

So I decided to mess about with dev mode.

I was producing different bows for my tribal guy just to see "what is best"

I produced several great bows, of all different types of quality from awful to legendary.

Upon equipping, then going to gear screen, then clicking the new "info" button for the bow I noticed that EVERY bow showed "normal" quality stats under this Gear "weapon" info screen.  BUT when all the weapons are laying about on the ground, the weapons show the PROPER stats (increasing with quality)  which makes me also wonder if these values are not being added to the "character" stats (such as shooting accuracy)  I also tested quality stats not going up with ACTUAL crafted in game weapons (not using dev mode)  same results.   Items on the floor show boosted stats according to quality, but upon going into gear > information screen they show only "normal" quality stats.  This seems to be the issue with both apparel and weapons.   Apparel on the ground shows increasing stats (i mainly focused on looking at insulation cold stat to test with)  But upon equipping the item and going to Gear> information they show "normal" quality stats.  BUT with apparel I was able to see that the actual CHARACTER "information" screen the cold insulation factor is applied.

More examples:

Great Bow Legendary while laying on ground:  Accuracy (Long) 75%
Great Bow Legendary while equipped:  Accuracy (Long) 50%

Great Bow Awful while laying on ground:  Accuracy (Long) 35%
Great Bow Awful while equipped:  Accuracy (Long) 50%

Great Bow Normal while laying on ground:  Accuracy (Long) 50%
Great Bow Normal while equipped:  Accuracy (Long) 50%

All items were equipped on same character so the only variable is the actual item.  Hope this helps Tynan   :D

notfood

Oh. I found about this as well over here.

I'll paste the images for reference:

Stats do get applied, I tested doing damage with the epic knife and it sum 32 to the body parts. It's just a display bug.

MasterD1085

Thanks for posting screenies.  I don't know how or else I would.

b0rsuk

Quote from: MasterD1085 on July 19, 2016, 10:52:39 PM
Upon equipping, then going to gear screen, then clicking the new "info" button
That's the bug, not weapons not improving. Now drop the weapon and compare.

It works as intended other than displaying worn equipment. I tested with parkas and tuques - woolen ones are A LOT warmer.

Diana Winters

Still present in A14d
bug: "information" display is incorrect when items are equipped.

repo:
1. spawn equipable item on the ground
2. view and note its stats
3. have a pawn equip said item
4. note how stats are different

notfood

Still present in A14e. I uploaded GearTabFix to workshop.

Elysium

Did you post this in the modding section? I only happened to stumble across this from browsing the workshop and it is quite the hidden gem, nice work.

notfood

I was hoping for it to be fixed next update since it's just two lines of code.

biship

notfood

Calahan

Locking this thread as this is an A14 bug that has now been fixed. If anyone encounters this issue while playing A16+ then please create a new thread for it.