Please remove human pawns eating corpses.

Started by Britnoth, July 20, 2016, 06:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grax

Quote from: Kagemusha12 on July 25, 2016, 02:07:04 PM
Is one of your colonists named "Armin Meiwes"?
Nnooo, they're just beauty collectors. ;-)

erdrik

Quote from: Britnoth on July 25, 2016, 09:50:29 AM
Human corpses were not forbidden by default, which is what let to this issue in the first place.

So your solution is to ask for the feature to be completely removed?
I would think a better, far more reasonable, suggestion would be:
"Please make all human corpses default to forbidden when a pawn dies."

Or maybe:
"Please add a single click button that mass forbids all human corpses on the map."

Asking to remove the feature completely is just overkill.

Grax

asanbr

Quote from: Grax on July 25, 2016, 11:06:30 AM

Human corpses were not forbidden by default, which is what let to this issue in the first place.
Human corpses are forbidden for butchering and human meat is forbidden for kitchen by default. That's it.

No, as was explained in the thread, if they die in your home area the corpse is not forbidden by default.

I thought so too.

Grax

Corpse is not forbidden, meat is forbidden if there's butchery in touch.
Or you didn't arrange the burial place or corpse storage?
What's the problem?
Fck, guys, learn how to play already, why don't you?

Britnoth

Quote from: Grax on July 28, 2016, 06:09:50 PM
Corpse is not forbidden, meat is forbidden if there's butchery in touch.
Or you didn't arrange the burial place or corpse storage?
What's the problem?
Fck, guys, learn how to play already, why don't you?

Pawns will eat corpses out of corpse storage.

Pawns will eat corpses before they get buried.

Please learn to play the game first before swearing at people that have.  8)

Quote from: erdrik on July 27, 2016, 07:42:40 PM

Or let us actually control the quality of meals our pawns are allowed to eat, rather than running the game on normal speed checking if they are eating corpses / raw meat instead of waiting for the cook to make a meal every time I play on the ice sheet. Someone else who cannot even bother to read the opening post....

Grax

Quote from: Britnoth on July 29, 2016, 03:20:25 AM
Pawns will eat corpses out of corpse storage.
Pawns will eat corpses before they get buried.
Wtf? They're starving or what? You have no other food?
I've NEVER seen any human eating corpses. Cooked meals with human meat maybe, but not corpses.

stigma

The ideal solution to this I think is adding a way to control what pawns (and preferably animals too) get to eat - similar to how you set allowed medicine, or allowed clothing in the manage tab.

That would let you disallow human corpses (probably a good default), while not breaking canibal tribes and the like.
It would be nice if my pawns didn't just randomly eat all the lavish meals stored for emergencies when thy didn't need to - and restrict my dogs to eating kibble rather than wandering the base and eating all the best human-foods.

-Stigma

erdrik

Quote from: Britnoth on July 29, 2016, 03:20:25 AM

Quote from: erdrik on July 27, 2016, 07:42:40 PM

Or let us actually control the quality of meals our pawns are allowed to eat, rather than running the game on normal speed checking if they are eating corpses ... Someone else who cannot even bother to read the opening post....

You are the one making assumptions here.
I read the entire thread.

Quote from: Britnoth on July 20, 2016, 06:38:16 AM
Either allow us to set a minimum quality of meal for colonists and animals, or remove this rage inducing 'feature':-\

You did not make a reasonable suggestion.
You made an ultimatum. Which is incredibly rude and disrespectful to the dev, not to mention completely impotent.
You are not in a position to be handing out ultimatums. As Tynan has no obligations to one.

Im not opposed to being allowed to control the quality of meals colonists chose to eat.
But demanding an "Either, Or" situation is just asking to be negatively criticized.(and deservedly so)

cheetah2003

Quote from: Britnoth on July 20, 2016, 06:38:16 AM
I just had my first experience with this. I fail to spot a colonist walking off to take a bite out of a raider that was not yet dead the last time I looked.

Result = total of -40 mood, then they promptly went berserk. I promptly quit the game.

This 'feature' does nothing but force even more micromanagement when you are short of food.

Either allow us to set a minimum quality of meal for colonists and animals, or remove this rage inducing 'feature'.  :-\
I dunno, that sounds just about spot on... dude is STARVING and there's a juicy raider right there to eat.  Nomnomnom.. OMG what have I done?  I just ATE A person!!! OMGINSANITY!

I think the game is functioning as intended.

Britnoth

Quote from: erdrik on July 29, 2016, 05:04:19 PMYou made an ultimatum.
#

This is clearly false. I did not threaten anyone or anything. Stop with the trolling.

Reviire

Quote from: Britnoth on August 05, 2016, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: erdrik on July 29, 2016, 05:04:19 PMYou made an ultimatum.
#

This is clearly false. I did not threaten anyone or anything. Stop with the trolling.
I think you need to stop trolling and learn to feed your pawns. They only eat corpses when they're starving and there is no food.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Britnoth

Quote from: Reviire on August 05, 2016, 08:24:37 PM
I think you need to stop trolling and learn to feed your pawns. They only eat corpses when they're starving and there is no food.

I am well aware of what they are doing thank you. I did spend the afternoon modding this broken behaviour out.

Maybe you should play on the ice sheet; it might change your tune.

Boston

Quote from: Britnoth on August 10, 2016, 01:58:35 PM
Quote from: Reviire on August 05, 2016, 08:24:37 PM

I am well aware of what they are doing thank you. I did spend the afternoon modding this broken behaviour out.

Maybe you should play on the ice sheet; it might change your tune.

...... Not everything in the game has to be balanced around ice sheets. In fact, nothing in the game should be balanced with ice sheets in mind.

You are literally dropping your colonists into the most inhospitable environment on the planet, and you get pissy when non-cannibals are forced to eat humans, due to a lack of other food?

Game: working as intended.

Goldenpotatoes

The only issue I could see here is if colonists were prioritizing eating off corpses if meals were present, which was an issue in previous builds with colonists going after worse meals when better ones were nearby.

If that isn't the case, then maybe you should prioritize your food storage better if colonists are having to resort to raw cannibalism. If you're complaining about this and you're living in an area such as ice sheets or extreme desert, then maybe you weren't just up for the challenge, eh?  ;D