Please remove human pawns eating corpses.

Started by Britnoth, July 20, 2016, 06:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

on a slightly unrelated topic, what's the frequency of raids in an ice sheet compared to phoebe?

it's been awhile since i've last played in icesheets and the newer alphas was already tweaked to prevent raids from spawning during extreme temperatures..

so on an extremely cold/hot biome, this means that raids are gonna be far and few in between. so what's the average number of raids in an icesheet? is it comparable to phoebe on a temperate biome?

i'm guessing that ever since they changed the raid spawns in extreme temp, extreme biomes would actually get less raids than normal biomes on the same level of difficulty.

erdrik

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on August 10, 2016, 03:30:05 PM
The only issue I could see here is if colonists were prioritizing eating off corpses if meals were present, which was an issue in previous builds with colonists going after worse meals when better ones were nearby.

If that isn't the case, then maybe you should prioritize your food storage better if colonists are having to resort to raw cannibalism. If you're complaining about this and you're living in an area such as ice sheets or extreme desert, then maybe you weren't just up for the challenge, eh?  ;D

Even if that was the case it is not an issue with "humans eating human corpses", so much as an issue with "colonists not properly prioritizing available meals".

In which case demanding the removal of "humans eating human corpses" is still unwarranted and miss-aimed overkill.

Britnoth

Quote from: Boston on August 10, 2016, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: Britnoth on August 10, 2016, 01:58:35 PM
Quote from: Reviire on August 05, 2016, 08:24:37 PM
I think you need to stop trolling and learn to feed your pawns. They only eat corpses when they're starving and there is no food.

I am well aware of what they are doing thank you. I did spend the afternoon modding this broken behaviour out.

Maybe you should play on the ice sheet; it might change your tune.

...... Not everything in the game has to be balanced around ice sheets. In fact, nothing in the game should be balanced with ice sheets in mind.

You are literally dropping your colonists into the most inhospitable environment on the planet, and you get pissy when non-cannibals are forced to eat humans, due to a lack of other food?

Game: working as intended.

You still seem totally incapable of even the most basic of reading comprehension. So let me make it perfectly clear to you.

MY MOD DOES NOT CHANGE GAMEPLAY IN ANY WAY.

The game lets you control what pawns eat. Unfortunately the way it does this is extremely micromanagent intensive and therefore very, very annoying to do.

My mod stops them doing it unless I explicitly tell them to do so, instead of explicitly telling them not to do so. Repeatedly. Every damn corpse at a time.

Change to gameplay = zero.

Change to my mood = much better.

QuoteGame: working as intended.

I repeat.

erdrik

Quote from: Britnoth on August 13, 2016, 09:30:42 PM
MY MOD DOES NOT CHANGE GAMEPLAY IN ANY WAY.

The game lets you control what pawns eat. Unfortunately the way it does this is extremely micromanagent intensive and therefore very, very annoying to do.

My mod stops them doing it unless I explicitly tell them to do so, instead of explicitly telling them not to do so. Repeatedly. Every damn corpse at a time.

Pawns eating things is a Gameplay Mechanic.
Being able to control what pawns eat is a Gameplay Mechanic.
Changing how you control what pawns eat is a change to Gameplay Mechanics.

If you want to make a mod to change a Gameplay Mechanic to something more bearable to you, you are free to do so and I would happily applaud your ingenuity for doing so.

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Britnoth on August 13, 2016, 09:30:42 PMThe game lets you control what pawns eat. Unfortunately the way it does this is extremely micromanagent intensive and therefore very, very annoying to do.

Hello,

I agree with you.

May I convince you to share your mod with us ? It certainly sounds like something I and other players could enjoy.

Maybe you already did, and I didn't look in the right places ?