WallMetal_Atlas not displayed correctly in-game?

Started by ItchyFlea, February 27, 2014, 07:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

If I extract the metal wall texture from the resources file, and then use it as a texture for a new wall I'm making for the Wood Economy mod, well, I'm confused.
The wall on the left is the wall available normally in-game. The wall on the right is my wall.
Why is the atlas image messed up for custom walls? Is this a bug, am I doing something wrong, or do I need to create my own atlas?

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

Apparently if I flip the metal wall atlas vertically, the game displays my wall texture correctly.
Is it safe to assume this is a bug?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

keensta

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 27, 2014, 07:57:47 AM
Apparently if I flip the metal wall atlas vertically, the game displays my wall texture correctly.
Is it safe to assume this is a bug?

If you have ever got the game images from the resources file you should of noticed they were all flipped so it safe to assume that the game is built to do this I'm sure however that will be changed.
Check out my RimWorld SaveEditor
It removes slag and rock debris.

I mostly hang around in the Mod section of the forum. Yet I don't have a Mod :o.

Tynan

I really don't know. But based on these observations, it seems that Unity flips the textures when it packs them in Resources. This isn't an issue with the textures, just with the way you extracted them from the resources file.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Architect

Are the steps in this thread: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1150.0 still the correct steps to go about getting these wall textures?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Sunspots

Quote from: Architect on February 27, 2014, 06:27:58 PM
Are the steps in this thread: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1150.0 still the correct steps to go about getting these wall textures?
Yup, just extract the dds, flip it and save it as a png, and you're good to go.

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.