A14 best mods?

Started by Xplicita, July 17, 2016, 04:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xplicita

I just recently got into playing this game and never used any mods but some sound interesting and others meh.  I noticed one person on these forums who post a lot of his mods together but other than that a lot are spread all around and hard to see all mods that are available.  Which mods does the community as a whole feel really improve and make the game more fun to play? 

ArguedPiano

Koisama's Number's mod and UnlimitedHugs Allow Tool are must haves for me. I did not like playing without them after installing A14.

The Community Core is nice as a lot of mods now require them to function.

I suggest trying out ones that sound interesting and see what you like/don't like. Add and Remove until you have a good set that are enjoyable for you.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

kaptain_kavern

All of this i literally can't play without.

And those i like too  ;D :

• Marijuana Mod  8) : Adds the cannabis plant which you can harvest to roll into some nice joints.
  • Fences : Self explanatory
  • Modular Tables : They are 1 tile in size tables that link together like a wall. They can be dragged out and made into any shape to fit anywhere you need
  • Stonecutting Tweak : Adds separate bills for the different stone types to the stonecutting table to allow use of the "Do until you have X" crafting option
  • Don't Mourn The Dead : Remove the Visit Grave joy activity from the game.
  • Auto Seller : Self explanatory
  • Fluffy Relations Tab : Replaces factions tab with an overview of colony and faction relations.
And there some more not updated to A14 yet ;)

pesard

Really wish there some mod like prepare carefully out there but can't find any

SURU

Also, PowerSwitch, Modular Tables, LogWall, AnimalHideWorking
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

viperwasp

I can vouch for many of the mods suggested above. I will be the third to suggest Modular Tables it's really good. I love vegetable garden.

Here are some mods I like that are likely not updated to A14 yet.

DoorMats - Rubs that remove dirt from animal and pawns feet for less cleaning.
A2B - A mod that add like a convairbelt system to move items and sort them etc.
RT_QuantumStorage-A13 - I have not used it much but it's a neat storage system mod.

There is a mod called "kNumbers" which is A14. - Shows a bunch of stats that you can customize for comparing things in the game. Yeah
I see did not see the benefit at first until after I downloaded the mod and it rocks.

Madskills - Either decreases or completely turns off Skill Decay.
ED-Shields - Is one of my most favorite mods.

P.S  Most of the mods other players suggested above don't change balance or don't go to far from the Vanilla feel and balance. Were some of them do a little. I feel some of the mods I mentioned go further away from Vanilla like ED-Shields is pretty non-vanilla. RT_QuantumStorage-A13 also pretty non-vanilla as well.  Both of these mods change balance a lot.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: pesard on July 18, 2016, 09:07:29 AM
Really wish there some mod like prepare carefully out there but can't find any

Just use Prepare Carefully. EdB stuck around a bit longer to get a quick version out for A14 and also I believe he got it all setup with Open Source Licensing for someone else to continue it.

captainradish

I can confirm this. It works just fine in a14. There is a version near the end of the thread that is a hotfix.

hwfanatic

I'm forever spoiled by koisama's Numbers and Fluffy's plethora of mods that I "can't" really play without them. :) They don't change the core experience significantly, but make your life so much easier (and thus the life of your pawns - think of the pawns!).

gaminglord99

currently there only for A13 but keep a eye on Rimsenal mods they are my favorites and the author is good about updating them (im actually looking for a way to go back to A13 to play with them, any one know a way?)

skullywag

Ive seen some of Rooks mods on steam, you sure they arent updated...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Axel

Pretty certain they're not as many are experiencing errors with rimsenal.

skullywag

Oh i see, hes uploaded them but they dont work. Interesting as he would have to have the version number set to the alpha 14 version to have them even display there.....wonder why he did that. meh anyway thats offtopic for here.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Xplicita

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 17, 2016, 09:25:21 PM

All of this i literally can't play without.

And those i like too  ;D :

• Marijuana Mod  8) : Adds the cannabis plant which you can harvest to roll into some nice joints.
  • Fences : Self explanatory
  • Modular Tables : They are 1 tile in size tables that link together like a wall. They can be dragged out and made into any shape to fit anywhere you need
  • Stonecutting Tweak : Adds separate bills for the different stone types to the stonecutting table to allow use of the "Do until you have X" crafting option
  • Don't Mourn The Dead : Remove the Visit Grave joy activity from the game.
  • Auto Seller : Self explanatory
  • Fluffy Relations Tab : Replaces factions tab with an overview of colony and faction relations.
And there some more not updated to A14 yet ;)

Thanks, I grabbed:
CCL
Hospitality (when updated)
Marijuana
Fences
Doormats (when update)

I like keeping it pretty close to vanilla, the expanded garden seemed cool but just a bit to much.  Thanks for the replies