Custom code, help me get the basics down with classes and compiling!

Started by Sunspots, February 27, 2014, 08:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: Tynan on March 01, 2014, 02:02:52 PM
I'm happy to have you give it a shot as well. Really, anyone who's serious about it can ask and I'll probably bring you on.

That'd be ace! :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Mobius

Quote from: Architect on March 01, 2014, 02:01:35 PM
Lucky lad! :D Can't wait to delve properly into C# and find new ways of doing things wrong with alpha 3 XD

I'm happy to have you give it a shot as well. Really, anyone who's serious about it can ask and I'll probably bring you on.

I'd love to try this out as well! I'm just getting into this but I'm currently a developer working in C# by trade so I hope I should be able to pick it up.

Tynan

Quote from: Mobius on March 08, 2014, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: Architect on March 01, 2014, 02:01:35 PM
Lucky lad! :D Can't wait to delve properly into C# and find new ways of doing things wrong with alpha 3 XD

I'd love to try this out as well! I'm just getting into this but I'm currently a developer working in C# by trade so I hope I should be able to pick it up.

You're in :) Check the tester forum for all the onboarding info. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Toad

is there something I need to update to get my thing class to load? I might be having same problem as Sunspots

Tynan

Quote from: Toad on March 09, 2014, 10:54:03 PM
is there something I need to update to get my thing class to load? I might be having same problem as Sunspots

It won't work with Alpha 2. You have to have the internal testing version. Do you want to help test? What are you working on?

Toad

Im trying to make a Wood Furnace that would take Logs, Lumber, and SawDust threw a Hopper Type building and have it 'Burn' to create power and emit a Glow

Tynan

Sounds like a good project. Shoot me a PM if you want into the tester crew and you can write the DLL now.

JackQW

So there's known problems modifying Alpha 2? That explains my crazed attempts at a sandbox mod.

If anyone needs any help with C# or getting mods loaded on game start, or even before game start, I can help! :)

Thunder Rahja

I only now found this thread. I'm familiar with .Net and I like programming with it.

Change "public Building_CementMill ()" to "public void Building_CementMill ()". Though I don't like using the same name for a procedure and its class.

Tynan

Quote from: Thunder1 on March 11, 2014, 07:18:43 AM
I only now found this thread. I'm familiar with .Net and I like programming with it.

Change "public Building_CementMill ()" to "public void Building_CementMill ()". Though I don't like using the same name for a procedure and its class.

But.. his method is the constructor.

Speaking of which, you probably shouldn't define default constructors for Things at all.

Thunder Rahja

Oh, I didn't recognize it. I haven't done much with C# in a while though. Maybe Alpha 3 will give me reason to start working with it again.