Probably a really stupid question, but...

Started by Idara, July 20, 2016, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idara

How do you get custom scenarios to work? I made my scenario, and saved it. Then selected 'next', chose a difficulty and then 'next' again to the 'generate world' page, but when I click 'generate' it goes to the 'generating world' box and then.... back to the 'generate world' page. I'm completely confused. I've closed the game, started again, rewritten the scenario, tried random seeds etc, but always the same result. Every time I try to generate the world, it just goes back to the same page.  ???
I'm running 100% vanilla, I've been playing since A6 or A7, but this is my first attempt at a scenario. So what am I doing wrong/missing? If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

captainradish

I'm going to blame some kind of mod interference. The hospitality mod, for example, apparently causes problems with the tribal start.

b0rsuk

I was going to make a snarky response along the lines that a really stupid question can always have at least a really stupid answer, but... I realized I actually don't know how to help you. Sorry.

Idara

captainradish -Thank you for your suggestion , but as I stated, I'm playing 100% vanilla - I've never used a single mod with Rimworld. Also, it's a 'crashlanded' scenario, rather than 'tribal'. Thanks for replying though :-)

b0rsuk - At this stage I'll take the stupidest of answers if it gives me something else to try ;-)

milon

Seems to be a bug, which others have experienced too.  Please provide a log file (see my sig) in the bug's main thread:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21663.0

Moving to Bugs.  Locking as duplicate.  PM if it needs to be unlocked.