[1.0] Infused - Equipment enchantment

Started by notfood, July 20, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Can I get a screenshot of the apparels/weapons that cause super accuracy?

qurdind

Ok, I'm retarded. I downloaded from the direct link and it is working with just CCL, CCL vanilla tweaks and the .2 version of your infused. I have just re-downloaded and installed everything fresh, even Rimworld. I will create a new world and check on the accuracy issue and will post a follow up in like 5-10 minutes.

ithikari

Quote from: notfood on July 21, 2016, 02:42:16 PM
Can I get a screenshot of the apparels/weapons that cause super accuracy?

It's not occurring with apparel or weapons. I'm getting super accuracy when creating starting survivors.

qurdind

Ok, with a fresh install of everything, my colonist not wearing/holding any items this is what their stats are showing. I don't think it is being caused any apparel/weapon. The colonist in the screenshots only has a shooting skill of 4.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

qurdind

Continued.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

ithikari

It looks like you're getting accuracy based on level of shooting, while accuracy should be a base stat and have no reflection on shooting skill. Or it should be capped at 100%. Personally, I prefer a base stat that can go up or down due to items/traits.

notfood

Ooh... without anything equipped? I'll investigate.

TOWC

Pls, look into it, I'm getting the same result as well. I must also point out, that not only colonists' accuracy is being upgraded as hell, but also enemies' as well. I really love the mod, idea and perfomance are great, but that bug is just... too nasty.

Fluffe

I was wondering how a level 8 shot was hitting each and every shot with a sniper lol

qurdind

So, I did some testing. Using Prepare Carefully, I started a colony with 1 colonist with 0 shooting, 1 with 10 and 1 with 20. The colonist with 0 shooting had a base of %100 accuracy. At shooting lvl 10, the base was %100 and the 10 in shooting brought them up to %250 accuracy and the colonist with 20 shooting had %300 accuracy.

***WORK AROUND*** Use the scenario editor and modify the global shooting accuracy. I changed it to %35 and at 20 shooting the new final accuracy was %105. You can change this to suit your play style until our good friend NotFood is able to change the code. Hope this helps you find the problem, NotFood.

Latta

Checking curve values of ShootingAccuracy might help.

notfood

Fixed for real now.

I made the mistake of not reading all the StatDefs. I changed them manually now. All stats should work.

TOWC

Quote from: notfood on July 21, 2016, 09:13:53 PM
Fixed for real now.

I made the mistake of not reading all the StatDefs. I changed them manually now. All stats should work.

Thx sir for the quick fix, you're the best.
However, I must make a suggestion. Make the mod not to infuse equipment which is currently possesed by other characters or already being anywhere in the map, so the only infused equipment you find is the one you get later on. You see, me, personally, love storaging all the stuff I find, and clothes with weapons are no exception no matter how crumped they are.  So I have a lot of stuff. When I activate the mod, it randomly infuses quite a large part of my equipment, nearly 60% or so. And now... I have lot of legendary items with +33% resist to any melee damage. And that's only the one part of equipment. I have also a hat, a trousers, a shield etc. almost everything posesses bonuses to armor. And if I turn off the mod and turn on again, it will infuse my equipment in a random way too, so a person can exploit it in not a very balanced way.  It just feels... wrong. It's just only my own opinion, I understand, tho I'm pretty sure that my case isn't one-of-a-kind, but, consider that upper suggestion, and pls, look into balancing all that legendary stuff and make it appear much less often.

sjohne

Thanks for fixing this notfood! Though I wonder... is it intended that all colonists still have a very high accuracy? All my pawns have at least 90%+ accuracy even the ones with 0-3 shooting skill. Nobody has more than 100 though and the shooting speed seems alright too! :-)

hector212121

Hey, any plans to make ranged damage infusions? *shrug* just a thought. Could be % or +.