[1.0] Infused - Equipment enchantment

Started by notfood, July 20, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamM88

Ah, such a much-needed feature. Love ya!

Also, from the description it's not clear:

If I have a mod that adds weapons / armor, will they have a chance to get infused?

notfood

Yes. As long as it's a melee/ranged weapon or an apparel it'll work.

notfood

A17 Release 0.17.1.1

Minor update, changed detouring method to Harmony to be more mod friendly.

faltonico

I found a quirk in A16 when zooming into an area with a lot of equipment that had infusions. There is a noticeable frame drop, but i was never sure if it was because of the camera+ mod or if it had to do with your mod of it was simply the normal behavior of the game.
I haven't tested the A17 version yet, but i though you might want to know that happened anyway xD
Thanks for the mod, it is very fun to play with!

RetPaladinlol

notfood, will Infused play nicely with Combat Extended?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: RetPaladinlol on August 10, 2017, 01:48:00 PM
notfood, will Infused play nicely with Combat Extended?

If I'm not mistaken HardcoreSK uses both, so they should work together fine.

RetPaladinlol

Thanks! Can't wait to give this a try. Makes rimworld feel more like an RPG.

sirgzu

Quick question, do medical surgery success chance and quality apply to (see attached):
A) the pawn wearing the item?
or
B) the pawn being treated by the pawn wearing the item?

Also shameless bump of this issue which totally breaks balance when shopping around:
https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Infused/issues/3

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

tonsrd

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 03:10:16 PM
Quick question, do medical surgery success chance and quality apply to (see attached):
A) the pawn wearing the item?
or
B) the pawn being treated by the pawn wearing the item?

Also shameless bump of this issue which totally breaks balance when shopping around:
https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Infused/issues/3

in my opinion the git hub post where u talk/show trade pic, each trader is different including sell multiplyer as well as difficulty,

if this a bug or intended.
-infused items are never dead mans apperal.

Boundir

It is the pawn practicing the surgery.

As for the "issue", OP shows two different items. Infused items apply a percentage depending on the type of infusion.
You can see the values here : https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Infused/wiki/Infusion-List

sirgzu

There are a number of problems with the balance of this mod:

1) infused items are not noticeably more expensive than similar, non-infused items.
2) infusion on items provide major OP bonus without game balancing drawback
3) more expensive infused items would make item production more attractive economically
4) conversely it would make buying OP infused items from the merchant less game breaking <== this
5) % price increase is negligible for some cheap items, giving cheap access to powerful infusion buffs
6) flat price increase would (or combination of both) would make for better balanced infused items

Currently the spawn rate of all infusions is way too high, resulting in merchants being loaded with infused items that are not particularly, if at all, more expensive than the others. This in turn allows to relatively easily build stacks of OPness on your pawns (+200% research speed anyone?) which feels imbalanced. I actually quite like the value on the infused in terms of balance but I'm not the spawn rate was adjusted with taking merchants into consideration...

AngleWyrm

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 05:48:20 PM
1) infused items are not noticeably more expensive...
2) infusion on items provide major OP bonus...
By 'major OP bonus' you mean "noticeably more effective?"
Not for instance some confusion about what the number 110% means?

Speaking of percentages, another example of my favorite soap box issue:
Percentages are evil and should be eliminated at every opportunity.

Depicted at left is a pair of cheap sunglasses with an artifact enchantment.

The author of that issue seems to be claiming that enchantments should have a specific price rather than a multiplier to the base item's price. That argument falls apart when it is discovered that the infusion's percentage speed bonus also means something different between a slow and a fast character.

For the claim of a specific price, a specific effect would be appropriate; for example setting speed to a rate in tiles/second.

It helps to make sure that any numerical measure used has an associated unit of measure; that avoids many problems.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

sirgzu

How does my argument "fall apart" when on the example given (screenshot) I just bagged myself a free (I mean for an extra 30 silver...) pair of glasses with:
+18% research
+18% move
+10% learning
+10% work
And it's not hard to stack 10 such items on a pawn, just spam merchants caravan and they'll keep coming. Just look at how much you'd have to pay for that kind of added %move/work if you bought bionics? You're looking north of 10k silver, how is that balanced?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: sirgzu on August 29, 2017, 01:55:05 AM
And it's not hard to stack 10 such [top tier, rarest class artifact] items on a pawn, just spam merchants caravan and they'll keep coming.
Fixed that for ya.

Looks like a shopping trip gone wrong. Pay 10k silver if you like, seems to me there's a cheaper way in town.

Do you suppose the price of bionics will adapt to survive competitive forces? Or will bionics fall by the wayside in favor of a less expensive alternative, until they're just a memory of something that once was?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

sirgzu

you know if you like it so easy you can spawn stacks of cash directly from the developer mode...