[1.0] Infused - Equipment enchantment

Started by notfood, July 20, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Quote from: sirgzu on August 29, 2017, 02:42:36 PM
you know if you like it so easy you can spawn stacks of cash directly from the developer mode...

You know if you like it so expensive you can just ship that extra cash on over to my paypal account.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Ramsis

Quote from: AngleWyrm on August 30, 2017, 11:34:22 AM
Quote from: sirgzu on August 29, 2017, 02:42:36 PM
you know if you like it so easy you can spawn stacks of cash directly from the developer mode...

You know if you like it so expensive you can just ship that extra cash on over into my paypal account.

Chill...
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

tonsrd

Quote from: sirgzu on August 29, 2017, 01:55:05 AM
How does my argument "fall apart" when on the example given (screenshot) I just bagged myself a free (I mean for an extra 30 silver...) pair of glasses with:
+18% research
+18% move
+10% learning
+10% work
And it's not hard to stack 10 such items on a pawn, just spam merchants caravan and they'll keep coming. Just look at how much you'd have to pay for that kind of added %move/work if you bought bionics? You're looking north of 10k silver, how is that balanced?

there is a way to turn down the chances of infused item ( in one of th files.

I wish there was an ingame mod option like some of the other mods .

malomaster

Found unpleasant bug. When you craft an item (weapon, armor, cloth etc.) and got prefix/suffix that add HP, especially something like "invulnerable", that prefix/suffix add HP to item MAX HP, but not for item CURRENT HP, so newly crafted item will have not maximum HP. When it concerns to bonuses, that adds 10-20 HP, it doesn't really bother, but when I got item with "Invulnerable" bonus that add 150 HP to existing 100, I got a coat with 250 MAX HP and only 100 CURRENT HP. And of course when colonist wear it on, it got mood penalty "for wearing torn clothes". Fix that bug, because now when I craft clothing, near every 2nd or 3rd cloth appeared with not full current HP, when got one of the suffixes/prefixes that adds HP.

notfood

I believe I fixed that bug long ago...

Updated to B18

ZE

so........ i was wondering if you could add mod options to up the scale of stats ?

notfood

It's a lot of stats. I'm not sure how I'd do it as a mod settings without making a really complicated text editor.

asquirrel

Thanks for the update.  Another one of my favorite mods updated! :)

Torres

Hi there I think the "enchantment" for trade price improvement is bugged, just started using the GlitterWorld Prime mod (allows you to access a huge market of stuff) and I decided to have one of my colonists handle all trade things via infused gear but it is actually worsening the deal...

Without the gear is cheaper than WITH the gear on. Enchantment is the communicating one which improves 8% price.

Cheers! let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: I'm now carrying 3 infused items with the communicating enchantment, the gun, the suit and exoframe. The character description states it's getting the 3 bonuses but still the price setting seems to be random af. o.O

Farhca

Hello. I want to thank you so much for the mod. It's really fun with all the possible infusions one can get and trying to outfit all the pawns with the best infused gear can be a great late game objective which adds quite a bit of gameplay. 10/10 will use in every playthrough.

I have a possible bug to report though, in the mod's description it says all apparel and weapons, except personal shields, can be infused whereas I noticed that some raiders come equipped with infused personal shields, is this intended?

Also, I crafted like 7 plasteel longswords but none of them were infused, are they uninfusible (I made this word) or was I just unlucky with rng? (I use don't tempt me mod so I can't dev spawn stuff to check)

crusader2010

Hello. Does the mod require a patch to work with Outfitter for B18? There is one for A17 (hasn't been updated though).

PS: prices for infused items should REALLY become much higher (both selling and buying).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Sarge

Quote from: sirgzu on August 29, 2017, 01:55:05 AM
How does my argument "fall apart" when on the example given (screenshot) I just bagged myself a free (I mean for an extra 30 silver...) pair of glasses with:
+18% research
+18% move
+10% learning
+10% work
And it's not hard to stack 10 such items on a pawn, just spam merchants caravan and they'll keep coming. Just look at how much you'd have to pay for that kind of added %move/work if you bought bionics? You're looking north of 10k silver, how is that balanced?

Awww, I love this mod but bionics may be the thing I have been looking forward to most. I have been playing this game for around 8 months now and haven't gotten there yet because I'm a masochist.

I would have been so disappointed if I finally got there just to realise that the infused items I've been dropping off raiders for free are just as good.

@OP: 'Tis very sad because this is one of my favourite mods without a shadow of a doubt, but for the moment I'll have to un-check it from my list.

I would love to have it as part of my game though so if you ever consider adding mod options where I can nerf the stat buffs (that's new?) and buff the rarity so that it feels more rewarding when you craft one or get one from a raider, that would be awesome.

I actually came here to ask if there's any way you could make infused apparel filterable in the outfits section?

The issue is that I want to e.g. have my cook wear the cooking buff gear and not my warrior etc. Right now, as you know, we can only filter by apparel type. If my warrior is allowed to wear a t-shirt, he doesn't give a shit if it is buffed with something that benefits fighting or farting.

It both defeats the QoL purpose of creating outfit sets and it is a real pita to have to manually make pawns force wear gear and then try and remember what's what or having to check and recheck pawn->gear->item->info for <double digits> pawns.

notfood

You can change any stats, nothing is hardcoded. It loads the stats dynamically so you can pick any that exist in RimWorld or other mods. Grab a text editor and go wild.

Harry_Dicks

Is there a way to make the infused gear more expensive based on the quality of the infusion? Or do you think you might ever include that as an option at one point in the future? Thanks!

Sarge

Quote from: notfood on January 01, 2018, 03:20:27 PM
You can change any stats, nothing is hardcoded. It loads the stats dynamically so you can pick any that exist in RimWorld or other mods. Grab a text editor and go wild.

Thank you, I'm no coder but I'll try.

Any thoughts on the other points raised?