[1.0] Infused - Equipment enchantment

Started by notfood, July 20, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashnal

I was thinking, it might be nice to have some way to restrict what kind of clothing items can get infusions. That way we could, for example, restrict infusions to only shirts and hats and such. I say this because I like to play with Medieval Times, which adds boots and gloves, which can sometimes get infusions. Adding infusions on these new equipment types onto those from the other clothing slots can essentially allow for crazy stacking due to the amount of clothing items that can be worn at once.

Unfortunately, balancing effects via the config files doesn't solve this problem. You can make the effects really weak such that stacking 7-8 of the same effect is balanced, but then finding individual equipment pieces with tiny bonuses is no longer fun. I'd much rather prevent infused socks from happening at all, that way there's one less stackable slot to balance for. If you could restrict infusions to just one category of torso clothing, you could make strong infusions that are fun without worrying about unbalanced stacking.

Just my thoughts on balance as someone who uses Medieval Times and Apparello 2, which add lots of clothing items, and tend to make infused grossly overpowered :)

Harry_Dicks

In my opinion, I think this mod has a lot of potential, but it needs some revamps first. I didn't like how gear's value didn't reflect potentially very powerful infusions. And no way of controlling what gets infused. Maybe if we had a bench that could infuse random properties onto a piece of apparel/weapon, but each reroll have the costs increase or something. I'm sure you could think of a lot of cool options and things to do if it were implemented through it's own infusion workbench!

TryB4Buy

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 27, 2018, 04:32:20 PMno way of controlling what gets infused
This. Rather than have them added for free randomly, can we have a cost associated with the infusions and get to chose the infusion??

Because right now, crafting tons of daggers to get the infusion you actually want is silly.

Also, is there an additional dependency I don't have? I get a ton of the following errors:
Could not resolve cross-reference to RimWorld.StatDef named SwayFactor
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode)
Verse.WantedRefForDictionary`2:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Fenocide

My current LO is
Core: (no assemblies)
HugsLib[4.1.1]: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), HugsLib(0.18.0.0)
JecsTools-1.0.9.8: (no assemblies)
Miscellaneous 'CORE': ColonistKeys(0.8.0.0), CommonMisc(0.10.0.0)
ModSwitch: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), _harmonycheck(1.0.0.0), ModSwitch(1.4.0.125)
Infused: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), Infused(34.0.0.0)
Outfitter 0.18.0: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), 0KillfaceTools(1.0.0.0), Outfitter(1.0.0.0)
Outfitter A18 - Infused: Outfitter_Infused(1.0.0.0)

And I get this error log: https://git.io/vp45Y
I'm out of ideas, I've redownloaded RW and each of these mods already.

Canute

Did you notice
"Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario: " ?
Do you got maybe any extra scenarios ?

zizard

I like that there's a chance of finding something nice compared to the current NPC apparel list which is mostly garbage. Communicating / influential is busted though. +12% trade price improvement lol.

leon8179

Hi,
I want to thank you first for your brilliant work on this mod. I enjoyed this as it gives items more uniqueness.

However, I notice some properties do not work as intended on melee weapons. The ones I found are below:
+ X Melee damage per second
X% Melee damage per second

While it shows the melee weapon has more dps with these properties, it doesn't actually improve the pawn's melee dps. For example, a Destructive Longsword shows more dps than a Longsword of Moonlight, but the pawn has the same dps while equipping those two weapons. I guess those properties don't really change the actual dps, they merely bump up the numbers,  Only the following properties do affect actual dps on the pawn:
X% Melee cooldown
X% Melee hit chance

I also opened an issue on github.

zizard

Could also try

MeleeWeapon_DamageMultiplier
SharpDamageMultiplier
BluntDamageMultiplier

leon8179

Yes. I tested those properties and they do actually affect melee dps. I think meleeweapon_averageDPS should be replaced then.

boxing123

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere but I haven't been able to find an answer. What do the colours of infused items mean. At quick glance of a pile of infused items how do purple, blue green etc stack up against each other? 

Nekr0w

Would you be willing to make a workbench that allows someone to make specific infusions maybe for a later tech? I would love to be able to specialize gear.

Such as making it where you choose what type of infusion then the strength of the infusion is based on crafting level.

Thanks for the mod, it's made armor and weapons even more interesting!

Canute

I did a similar suggestion long ago.
Crafting infusion item pre/surfix item, crafting cost base on their rarity.
Then you right click or equip (similar to Rim of magic enchantments) and then on the item on ground to infuse.

zizard

Quote from: boxing123 on May 25, 2018, 03:14:30 PM
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere but I haven't been able to find an answer. What do the colours of infused items mean. At quick glance of a pile of infused items how do purple, blue green etc stack up against each other?
Pretty sure it indicates rarity. Common/Rare/Legendary/Artifact etc.

harpo99999

notfood, is there a chance for you to update this most enjoyable mod to b19?