[1.0] Infused - Equipment enchantment

Started by notfood, July 20, 2016, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zmadz

harpo99999

raydarken

I'm running in to a bit of power creep in my game from all the various mods I'm using, and while I strive to play as close to vanilla balance as possible sometimes adding more negatives can help balance things out. I was thinking about adding more negative effects to the infusion list, however before I got started editing the XML files I realized that skilled crafters would end up with a higher chance to create 'bad infusions' because the mod does not distinguish between 'good' and 'bad' infusions. Would it be possible to add a list of 'negative' infusions that are more likely to appear when a weapon/apparel is made by a low skill crafter? I understand the existing quality system kind of covers this already, however with the recent change of HP having no effect on ranged weapons effectiveness, I thought this would be a good way to have more 'low quality' weapons appear in the game. Think of it like 'cursed' items in a lot of RPG's. :)

I understand a lot of folks would balk at the idea of introducing the possibility of finding even crappier weapons, however everyone enjoys the game differently and I thought I'd bring this up to see how feasible it could be. Ideally it would be an option setting that could be enabled.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's a different approach to the idea I just thought of that could achieve what I'm imagining- Have the effect of the infusion scale with the weapon quality, including going negative. To keep things simple it might be best to set a flat chance for an item to be infused (rather than the chance increasing based on the quality of the item), since the quality of the item already impacts its strength in vanilla by quite a bit. Also, if the effect became negative due to the weapon quality, the infusion name could be changed to match. Light<>Heavy, Long<>Short, Careful<>Imprecise, Clean<>Dirty etc.

Weapon infusion quality based on weapon quality table:
Awful: -100% infusion effect
Poor: -50% infusion effect
Normal: 50% infusion effect
Good: 100% infusion effect
Excellent: 150% infusion effect
Masterwork: 200% infusion effect
Legendary: 300% infusion effect

Example of Bolt-action rifle with the 'CarefulRange' (uncommon ranged) infusion (normally +3% accuracy):

Awful: -3% accuracy penalty
Poor: -1.5% accuracy penalty
Normal: 1.5% accuracy bonus
Good: 3% accuracy bonus
Excellent: 4.5% accuracy bonus
Masterwork: 6% accuracy bonus
Legendary: 12% accuracy bonus

Masoguista

Yo notfood, sorry for bothering you.
I wanted to know if there is a way to make diferent rarities of infusions have a higher chance on appearing in different rarities of weapons/apparels (e.g. higher chance of having common infusions in normal weapons and uncommon infusions on excellent weapons). I also wanted to ask if there is a way of adding random numbers to the infusion (such as a random 1-5% melee damage on a sword) and if there's a way to add new tiers of infusions (like "crude" on awful items that actually debuff the item).

I know next to nothing in coding, so I was wondering if anyone could make a guide on editing the InfusionDefs?

Thx, guys

notfood

Individual infusions have the same chance to appear in their own category. I've been wanting to separate that chance. Eventually...

Giraffe

Hope you're doing well notfood. Always look forward to your work.

raydarken

I've been working on my own set of infusions by editing the XML values provided with the mod, and I noticed some of the infusions listed on the github (https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Infused/wiki/Infusion-List) are missing. I understand that list is probably old however do you know if it is possible to re-add those for 1.0? I've been doing some research but it's been slow going figuring out how all the keys, multipliers and offsets work exactly. I'm particularly interested in carrying capacity. What would help a lot is a list of all the possible things which infusions can change. For instance, can infusions change food hunger rate, joy gain rate, etc?

I've asked for some assistance in the discord and no luck so far. Hope to get some helpful info here!

Caffeine Zombie

I kind of made a pair of filters to separate infused and not-infused items. I'm not sure they are well made, but they seem to work, and I've seen some people asking for such thing.

[attachment deleted due to age]

notfood

I added better filters ;)

I reworked the mod from 0. It's basically a new mod now. Except it's save compatible, it'll import your old save infusions into the new one seamlessly. It'll error about a MapComponent you can ignore it, save and load and it'll never appear again.
It no longer has a 2 infusion limitation, it can get crazy if you allow it. By default Medieval tech or below gets 2 while industrial and above get 1.
Performance wise, it should be even better. No more crusty old ancient code doing outdated things.
Flexibility is through the roof, it allows very fine grained control of what gets infused and the chance, simplified to use only tech levels. Check the chance and bias options!

Thanks to the steambetatesters it's been ironed of the big bugs. Thanks to Raydarken, new 160 tech infusions for you to play with.

Updated the first post. Enjoy!

RyanRim

Thanks for keeping up the mod. One of the must-haves for an RPG-like experience.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Canute

notfood,
the latest link from the first page don't work anymore since github changed something
use now
https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-Infused-Archived/releases/latest

Or just link to the releases.

notfood

vaelophis

Just as a note, this mod used with GlitterTech will throw a lot of seemingly harmless red-errors on launch

Also, is it normal for starter gear from Prep Carefully to have like...20 infusions at once?

It basically makes your pawns gods.

https://pastebin.com/5rHePnGU The errors in question

notfood

You're loading very old infusions, my guess is GlitterTech is including outdated stuff. And 20 infusions is what would happen.

vaelophis

Quote from: notfood on January 20, 2019, 05:59:10 AM
You're loading very old infusions, my guess is GlitterTech is including outdated stuff. And 20 infusions is what would happen.

I thought I had the latest versions! I grabbed them from the github linked a few posts up?

EDIT:
As it turns out, I missed part of Infused: Tech Edition's description where it says to not load this and it at the same time.
So I think I've found the source of the errors ^^;